Economies of Scale and Barriers to Entry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "Strategic Entry Deterrence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 335-338, May.
- B. Curtis Eaton & Richard G. Lipsey, 1980. "Exit Barriers are Entry Barriers: The Durability of Capital as a Barrier to Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 721-729, Autumn.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John R. Hauser & Steven M. Shugan, 2008.
"Defensive Marketing Strategies,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 88-110, 01-02.
- Govert E. Bijwaard & Maarten C.W. Janssen & Emiel Maasland, 2005. "Early Mover Advantages," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-007/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Perrakis, Stylianos, 1989. "Les contributions de la théorie financière à la solution de problèmes en organisation industrielle et en microéconomie appliquée," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 65(4), pages 518-546, décembre.
- Francesca Di Iorio & Maria Letizia Giorgetti, 2018. "The impact of submarket concentration in the US pharmaceutical industry in 1987-1998," DEM Working Papers Series 163, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Glenn Ellison & Sara Fisher Ellison, 2011.
"Strategic Entry Deterrence and the Behavior of Pharmaceutical Incumbents Prior to Patent Expiration,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-36, February.
- Glenn Ellison & Sara Fisher Ellison, 2007. "Strategic Entry Deterrence and the Behavior of Pharmaceutical Incumbents Prior to Patent Expiration," NBER Working Papers 13069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bert WILLEMS & Joris MORBEE, 2011.
"Risk spillovers and hedging: why do firms invest too much in systemic risk?,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
ces11.17, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Bert Willems & Joris Morbee, 2012. "Risk Spillovers and Hedging: Why Do Firms Invest Too Much in Systemic Risk?," RSCAS Working Papers 2012/35, European University Institute.
- Willems, Bert & Morbee, J., 2011. "Risk Spillovers and Hedging : Why Do Firms Invest Too Much in Systemic Risk?," Discussion Paper 2011-057, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bradley, James R., 2005. "Optimal control of a dual service rate M/M/1 production-inventory model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(3), pages 812-837, March.
- Jain, Bharat A., 2001. "Predictors of performance of venture capitalist-backed organizations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 223-233, June.
- Dean A. Shepherd, 1999. "Venture Capitalists' Assessment of New Venture Survival," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 621-632, May.
- Andreas Nicklisch, 2012. "Does collusive advertising facilitate collusive pricing? Evidence from experimental duopolies," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 515-532, December.
- Shepherd, Dean A. & Ettenson, Richard & Crouch, Andrew, 2000. "New venture strategy and profitability: A venture capitalist's assessment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 449-467.
- repec:eee:touman:v:41:y:2014:i:c:p:28-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Price, Gregory N., 1995. "The determinants of entry for black-owned commercial banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 289-303.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 2003.
"Cost Economies: A Driving Force for Consolidation and Concentration?,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 110-127, July.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J., 2001. "Cost Economies: A Driving Force for Consolidation and Concentration?," Working Papers 190901, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Claudio Sardoni, 2011. "Unemployment, Recession and Effective Demand," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13837.
- Andreas Nicklisch, 2008. "Semi-collusive advertising and pricing in experimental duopolies," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_25, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Lutz, Clemens & Kemp, Ron & Dijkstra, S. Gerhard, 2007. "SME's perceptions regarding strategic and structural entry barriers," Research Report 07009, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:319-338 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca DI IORIO & Maria Letizia GIORGETTI, 2017. "A Deeper Analysis on Pharmaceutical Submarket Concentration: the US market in 1987-1998," Departmental Working Papers 2017-02, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Philip Auerswald, 2010. "Entry and Schumpeterian profits," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 553-582, August.
- Federico Ciliberto & Zhou Zhang, 2017.
"Multiple Equilibria And Deterrence In Airline Markets,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(1), pages 319-338, January.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Zhang, Zhou, 2014. "Multiple Equilibria and Deterrence in Airline Markets," MPRA Paper 53232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:07009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clemens Lutz & Ron Kemp & S. Gerhard Dijkstra, 2010. "Perceptions regarding strategic and structural entry barriers," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 19-33, July.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:89:y:1981:i:6:p:1228-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.