Reform of police pensions in England and Wales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Ponzetto, Giacomo A.M., 2014.
"Shrouded costs of government: The political economy of state and local public pensions,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 89-105.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Giacomo A. M. Ponzetto, 2012. "Shrouded Costs of Government: The Political Economy of State and Local Public Pensions," NBER Chapters,in: Retirement Benefits for State and Local Employees: Designing Pension Plans for the Twenty-First Century National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Giacomo A. M. Ponzetto, 2012. "Shrouded costs of government: The political economy of state and local public pensions," Economics Working Papers 1336, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2013.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Giacomo A. M. Ponzetto, 2013. "Shrouded Costs of Government: The Political Economy of State and Local Public Pensions," NBER Working Papers 18976, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M & Rueben, Kim S, 1995. "The Effect of Property-Tax Limits on Wages and Employment in the Local Public Sector," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 384-389, May.
- Dennis Epple & Katherine Schipper, 1981. "Municipal pension funding: A theory and some evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 141-178, January.
- Rowena Crawford & Richard Disney, 2012. "Reform of Ill-health Retirement Benefits for Police in England and Wales: The roles of National Policy and Local Finance," NBER Working Papers 18479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1989. "Local public sector rent-seeking and its impact on local land values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 493-516, August.
- Leeds, Michael A., 1985. "Property values and pension underfunding in the local public sector," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 34-46, July.
- Inman, Robert P., 1982. "Public employee pensions and the local labor budget," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 49-71, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander M. Danzer & Peter Dolton & Chiara Rosazza Bondibene, 2016.
"Who Wins? Evaluating the Impact of UK Public Sector Pension Scheme Reforms,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 237(1), pages 38-46, August.
- Chiara Rosazza-Bondibene & Alex Danzer & Peter Dolton, 2015. "Who Wins? Evaluating the Impact of UK Public Sector Pension Scheme Reforms," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 457, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dolton, Peter & Rosazza Bondibene, Chiara, 2016. "Who Wins? Evaluating the Impact of UK Public Sector Pension Scheme Reforms," IZA Discussion Papers 9936, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rowena Crawford & Richard Disney, 2015. "Wage regulation and the quality of police officer recruits," IFS Working Papers W15/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsPolice pensions; Ill-health retirement; State and local finance;
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:116:y:2014:i:c:p:62-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.