A financial portfolio approach to inventory behaviour: Japan and the UK
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles, and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 309-340.
- Ramey, Valerie A, 1989. "Inventories as Factors of Production and Economic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 338-54, June.
- Ramey, Valerie A, 1991. "Nonconvex Costs and the Behavior of Inventories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 306-34, April.
- Wilkinson, Maurice, 1991. "Inventory behavior and economic instability in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-198, June.
- Robert E. Carpenter & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 1994. "Inventory (Dis)Investment, Internal Finance Fluctuations, and the Business Cycle," Macroeconomics 9401001, EconWPA.
- Callen, T S & Hall, S G & Henry, S G B, 1990. "Manufacturing Stocks: Expectations, Risk and Co-integration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 756-72, September.
- West, Kenneth D., 1990.
"Evidence from seven countries on whether inventories smooth aggregate output,"
Engineering Costs and Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-3), pages 85-90, May.
- Kenneth D. West, 1988. "Evidence From Seven Countries on Whether Inventories Smooth Aggregate Output," NBER Working Papers 2664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth D. West, 1991.
"Sources of Cycles in Japan, 1975-1987,"
NBER Working Papers
3763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- West, Kenneth D., 1992. "Sources of cycles in Japan, 1975-1987," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-98, March.
- Anil K Kashyap & Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994. "Credit Conditions and the Cyclical Behavior of Inventories," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 565-592.
- Beason, Richard, 1993. "Tests of production smoothing in selected Japanese industries," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 381-394, June.
- Lovell, Michael C., 1994. "Researching inventories: Why haven't we learned more?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-3), pages 33-41, June.
- Nakamura, Masao & Nakamura, Alice, 1989. "Inventory management behavior of American and Japanese firms," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 270-291, September.
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Gasparro, David, 1993. "The Determinants of Manufacturing Inventories in the UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1479-92, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:59:y:1999:i:1-3:p:43-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.