Supply chain collaboration: Impact of success in long-term partnerships
The effects of collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment in the performance of supply chains have been discussed in the literature. In this research paper, we posit that these effects along with other collaborative factors influence the success of collaboration in supply chains. The objective of this paper is to uncover the impact of collaborative planning, collaborative decision making of supply chain partners and collaborative execution of all supply chain processes in the success of collaboration. We used empirical analysis to validate our research paradigm. Data were obtained through a questionnaire survey of customers of a Textile company. We used confirmatory factor analysis and structural equation modelling (using AMOS). The results of the analysis confirm that the factors of collaboration impact the success of supply chains that will lead to future collaborations. Collaborative execution of supply chain plans will also have an impact on future collaborations. Companies that are interested in supply chain collaborations can consider engaging in long-term collaboration depending on the success of current collaborations. This will help SC partners to make investment decisions particular to collaboration.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Byrne, P.J. & Heavey, Cathal, 2006. "The impact of information sharing and forecasting in capacitated industrial supply chains: A case study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 420-437, September.
- Ryu, Seung-Jin & Tsukishima, Takahiro & Onari, Hisashi, 2009. "A study on evaluation of demand information-sharing methods in supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 162-175, July.
- L. Beril Toktay & Lawrence M. Wein & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2000. "Inventory Management of Remanufacturable Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(11), pages 1412-1426, November.
- Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2004. "Multiple Discreteness and Product Differentiation: Demand for Carbonated Soft Drinks," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 66-81, September.
- Srinagesh Gavirneni & Roman Kapuscinski & Sridhar Tayur, 1999. "Value of Information in Capacitated Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 16-24, January.
- Hau L. Lee & Kut C. So & Christopher S. Tang, 2000. "The Value of Information Sharing in a Two-Level Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 626-643, May.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Zhu, Qinghua & Lai, Kee-hung, 2011. "An organizational theoretic review of green supply chain management literature," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Yossi Aviv, 2007. "On the Benefits of Collaborative Forecasting Partnerships Between Retailers and Manufacturers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(5), pages 777-794, May.
- Lee G. Cooper & Penny Baron & Wayne Levy & Michael Swisher & Paris Gogos, 1999. "PromoCast™: A New Forecasting Method for Promotion Planning," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 301-316.
- Suresh Divakar & Brian T. Ratchford & Venkatesh Shankar, 2005. "Practice Prize Article—: A Multichannel, Multiregion Sales Forecasting Model and Decision Support System for Consumer Packaged Goods," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 334-350, July.
- Gunasekaran, A. & Patel, C. & McGaughey, Ronald E., 2004. "A framework for supply chain performance measurement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 333-347, February.
- Sari, Kazim, 2008. "On the benefits of CPFR and VMI: A comparative simulation study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 575-586, June.
- Vachon, Stephan & Klassen, Robert D., 2008. "Environmental management and manufacturing performance: The role of collaboration in the supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 299-315, February.
- Ramanathan, Usha & Muyldermans, Luc, 2010. "Identifying demand factors for promotional planning and forecasting: A case of a soft drink company in the UK," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 538-545, December.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Marshall Fisher, 2000. "Supply Chain Inventory Management and the Value of Shared Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1032-1048, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:147:y:2014:i:pb:p:252-259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.