Remanufacturing with RFID item-level information: Optimization, waste reduction and quality improvement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doerr, Kenneth H. & Gates, William R. & Mutty, John E., 2006. "A hybrid approach to the valuation of RFID/MEMS technology applied to ordnance inventory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 726-741, October.
- Zhou, Wei, 2009. "RFID and item-level information visibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 252-258, October.
- Atalay Atasu & Miklos Sarvary & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2008. "Remanufacturing as a Marketing Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1731-1746, October.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- de Kok, A.G. & van Donselaar, K.H. & van Woensel, T., 2008. "A break-even analysis of RFID technology for inventory sensitive to shrinkage," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 521-531, April.
- Gregory A. DeCroix & Paul H. Zipkin, 2005. "Inventory Management for an Assembly System with Product or Component Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1250-1265, August.
- Ngai, E.W.T. & Suk, F.F.C. & Lo, S.Y.Y., 2008. "Development of an RFID-based sushi management system: The case of a conveyor-belt sushi restaurant," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 630-645, April.
- Thiesse, Frédéric & Fleisch, Elgar, 2008. "On the value of location information to lot scheduling in complex manufacturing processes," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 532-547, April.
- Geraldo Ferrer & Jayashankar M. Swaminathan, 2006. "Managing New and Remanufactured Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(1), pages 15-26, January.
- Véronneau, Simon & Roy, Jacques, 2009. "RFID benefits, costs, and possibilities: The economical analysis of RFID deployment in a cruise corporation global service supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 692-702, December.
- Johnson, P. Fraser, 1998. "Managing value in reverse logistics systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 217-227, September.
- R. Canan Savaskan & Shantanu Bhattacharya & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2004. "Closed-Loop Supply Chain Models with Product Remanufacturing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 239-252, February.
- Ferrer, Geraldo & Dew, Nicholas & Apte, Uday, 2010. "When is RFID right for your service?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 414-425, April.
- Ferrer, Geraldo & Heath, Susan K. & Dew, Nicholas, 2011. "An RFID application in large job shop remanufacturing operations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 612-621, October.
- Tzeng, Shiou-Fen & Chen, Wun-Hwa & Pai, Fan-Yun, 2008. "Evaluating the business value of RFID: Evidence from five case studies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 601-613, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmed Musa & Al-Amin Abba Dabo, 2016. "A Review of RFID in Supply Chain Management: 2000–2015," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 17(2), pages 189-228, June.
- Zhu, Qinghua & Li, Helong & Zhao, Senlin & Lun, Venus, 2016. "Redesign of service modes for remanufactured products and its financial benefits," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 231-240.
- Fombelle, Paul W. & Voorhees, Clay M. & Jenkins, Mason R. & Sidaoui, Karim & Benoit, Sabine & Gruber, Thorsten & Gustafsson, Anders & Abosag, Ibrahim, 2020. "Customer deviance: A framework, prevention strategies, and opportunities for future research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 387-400.
- Cannella, Salvatore & Bruccoleri, Manfredi & Framinan, Jose M., 2016. "Closed-loop supply chains: What reverse logistics factors influence performance?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 35-49.
- Guo, Z.X. & Ngai, E.W.T. & Yang, Can & Liang, Xuedong, 2015. "An RFID-based intelligent decision support system architecture for production monitoring and scheduling in a distributed manufacturing environment," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 16-28.
- Dai, Hongyan & Ge, Ling & Zhou, Weihua, 2015. "A design method for supply chain traceability systems with aligned interests," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 14-24.
- José Eduardo Galve & Daniel Elduque & Carmelo Pina & Carlos Javierre, 2016. "Sustainable Supply Chain Management: The Influence of Disposal Scenarios on the Environmental Impact of a 2400 L Waste Container," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-12, June.
- Gong, Qiguo & Yang, Yuru & Wang, Shouyang, 2014. "Information and decision-making delays in MRP, KANBAN, and CONWIP," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 208-213.
- Kai Meng & Peihuang Lou & Xianghui Peng & Victor Prybutok, 2017. "Quality-driven recovery decisions for used components in reverse logistics," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(16), pages 4712-4728, August.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge-based system; RFID; Manufacturing; Decision support system; Closed-loop supply chain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:145:y:2013:i:2:p:647-657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.