Constructivism scenario evolutionary analysis of zero emission regional planning: A case of Qaidam Circular Economy Pilot Area in China
The concept of zero emission contributes significantly to sustainable development. China is planning to build a circular economy pilot area with zero emissions in the Western Qaidam Basin. The paper discusses some theoretical and practical issues in the regional planning. In particular, the paper proposes a constructivism scenario evolutionary analysis based on the bargaining games among the involved stakeholders, which embodies the harmonic society criteria in regional plannings. Then, the paper applies the scenario evolutionary analysis method to the multi-objective programming model of the Qaidam Circular Economy Pilot Area, where the objective of environmental pollution minimization can be converted into constraint conditions. Therefore, the problem is converted into the a single objective mixed-integral programming model of the maximal profit under various constraint conditions including natural resources, environment capacity, and social and economic factors, etc. Furthermore, the model provides solutions to the optimal expected output levels of main chemical products and minimal quantity of pollution treatment facilities according to the optimal scenario evolutionary path which embodies the self-purification emission with moderate resource exploitation. The results of the paper will have important policy implications to the regional development planning in China.
Volume (Year): 140 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2002. "Environmental site evaluation of waste management facilities embedded into EUGENE model: A multicriteria approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 436-448, June.
- Erkut, Erhan & Karagiannidis, Avraam & Perkoulidis, George & Tjandra, Stevanus A., 2008. "A multicriteria facility location model for municipal solid waste management in North Greece," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 1402-1421, June.
- Lusa, Amaia & Corominas, Albert & Muñoz, Norberto, 2008. "A multistage scenario optimisation procedure to plan annualised working hours under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 957-968, June.
- Bai, Chunguang & Sarkis, Joseph, 2010. "Integrating sustainability into supplier selection with grey system and rough set methodologies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 252-264, March.
- Beraldi, Patrizia & Ghiani, Gianpaolo & Guerriero, Emanuela & Grieco, Antonio, 2006. "Scenario-based planning for lot-sizing and scheduling with uncertain processing times," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 140-149, May.
- Agrell, Per J. & Stam, Antonie & Fischer, Gunther W., 2004. "Interactive multiobjective agro-ecological land use planning: The Bungoma region in Kenya," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 194-217, October.
- Kunsch, P. L. & Springael, J. & Brans, J. -P., 2004. "The zero-emission certificates: A novel CO2-pollution reduction instrument applied to the electricity market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 386-399, March.
- Forgo, Ferenc & Fulop, Janos & Prill, Maria, 2005. "Game theoretic models for climate change negotiations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 252-267, January.
- O'Brien, Christopher, 1999. "Sustainable production - a new paradigm for a new millennium," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-7, April.
- Awasthi, Anjali & Chauhan, Satyaveer S. & Goyal, S.K., 2010. "A fuzzy multicriteria approach for evaluating environmental performance of suppliers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 370-378, August.
- von der Gracht, Heiko A. & Darkow, Inga-Lena, 2010. "Scenarios for the logistics services industry: A Delphi-based analysis for 2025," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 46-59, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:140:y:2012:i:1:p:341-356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.