Inventory investment and production in Europe during the "Great Recession": Is there a pattern?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jochen Hartwig, 2009.
"Trying to assess the quality of macroeconomic data: The case of Swiss labour productivity growth as an example,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2008(1), pages 37-61.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2007. "Trying to Assess the Quality of Macroeconomic Data - the Case of Swiss Labour Productivity Growth as an Example," KOF Working papers 07-173, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Chikan, Attila & Kovacs, Erzsebet & Tatrai, Tunde, 2005. "Macroeconomic characteristics and inventory investment: a multi-country study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Mateut, Simona, 2010.
"Inventory investment, global engagement, and financial constraints in the UK: Evidence from micro data,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 239-250, March.
- Simona Mateut & Alessandra Guariglia, "undated". "Inventory Investment, Global Engagement, and Financial Constraints in the UK: Evidence from Micro Data," Discussion Papers 09/09, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Fabio Bagliano & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2004. "The cyclical behaviour of inventories: European cross-country evidence from the early 1990s recession," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2031-2044.
- Alan S. Blinder & Louis J. Maccini, 1991. "Taking Stock: A Critical Assessment of Recent Research on Inventories," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 73-96, Winter.
- Dimelis, Sophia P., 2001. "Inventory investment over the business cycle in the EU and the US," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 1-8, May.
- Chikán, Attila & Kovács, Erzsébet, 2009. "Inventory investment and GDP characteristics in OECD countries," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 2-9, March.
- Brown, Ward & Haegler, Urs, 2004. "Financing constraints and inventories," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1091-1123, October.
- Wilkinson, Maurice, 1989. "Aggregate inventory behavior in large European economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 181-194, January.
- Robert E. Carpenter & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 1998. "Financing Constraints And Inventory Investment: A Comparative Study With High-Frequency Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 513-519, November.
- Christodoulakis, Nicos & Dimelis, Sophia P & Kollintzas, Tryphon, 1995. "Comparisons of Business Cycles in the EC: Idiosyncracies and Regularities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 1-27, February.
- Guariglia, Alessandra, 1999. "The Effects of Financial Constraints on Inventory Investment: Evidence from a Panel of UK Firms," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(261), pages 43-62, February.
- Andreas Hornstein, 1998. "Inventory investment and the business cycle," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 49-71.
- Chikan, Attila & Tatrai, Tunde, 2003. "Developments in global inventory investment," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 13-26, January.
- Yngve Abrahamsen & Jochen Kurt Hartwig, 2011. "Inventory investment and production in Europe: is there a pattern?," KOF Working papers 11-271, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Wen, Yi, 2005. "Understanding the inventory cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1533-1555, November.
More about this item
KeywordsInventory investment Production Business cycle Great Recession in Europe;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:132:y:2011:i:2:p:174-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.