Scaling and long-range dependence in option pricing V: Multiscaling hedging and implied volatility smiles under the fractional Black–Scholes model with transaction costs
This paper deals with the problem of discrete time option pricing using the fractional Black–Scholes model with transaction costs. Through the ‘anchoring and adjustment’ argument in a discrete time setting, a European call option pricing formula is obtained. The minimal price of an option under transaction costs is obtained. In addition, the relation between scaling and implied volatility smiles is discussed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 390 (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ayache, Antoine & Lévy Véhel, Jacques, 2004. "On the identification of the pointwise Hölder exponent of the generalized multifractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 119-156, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Didier Sornette, 1994. "The Black-Scholes option pricing problem in mathematical finance: generalization and extensions for a large class of stochastic processes," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500040, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2004. "Evidence of long range dependence in Asian equity markets: the role of liquidity and market restrictions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 342(3), pages 656-664.
- Björk, Tomas & Hult, Henrik, 2005. "A Note on Wick Products and the Fractional Black-Scholes Model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 596, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ming-Shiun Pan, 2010. "Autocorrelation, return horizons, and momentum in stock returns," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 284-300, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272, March.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Fernandez-Anaya, Guillermo, 2008. "Time-varying Hurst exponent for US stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(24), pages 6159-6169.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2005. "The long-range dependence behavior of the term structure of interest rates in Japan," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 418-426.
- Potters, Marc & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Sestovic, Dragan, 2001. "Hedged Monte-Carlo: low variance derivative pricing with objective probabilities," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 289(3), pages 517-525.
- Salopek, D. M., 1998. "Tolerance to arbitrage," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 217-230, August.
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Nicolas P. B. Bollen & Robert E. Whaley, 2004. "Does Net Buying Pressure Affect the Shape of Implied Volatility Functions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 711-753, 04.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard H, 1987. " Further Evidence on Investor Overreaction and Stock Market Seasonalit y," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 557-81, July.
- Sottinen Tommi & Valkeila Esko, 2003. "On arbitrage and replication in the fractional Black–Scholes pricing model," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 21(2/2003), pages 93-108, February.
- Mariani, M.C. & Florescu, I. & Beccar Varela, M.P. & Ncheuguim, E., 2009. "Long correlations and Levy models applied to the study of memory effects in high frequency (tick) data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1659-1664.
- De Long, J Bradford, et al, 1990.
" Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 379-95, June.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1989. "Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation," NBER Working Papers 2880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Engle, 1996.
"The Econometrics of Ultra-High Frequency Data,"
NBER Working Papers
5816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erzgräber, Hartmut & Strozzi, Fernanda & Zaldívar, José-Manuel & Touchette, Hugo & Gutiérrez, Eugénio & Arrowsmith, David K., 2008. "Time series analysis and long range correlations of Nordic spot electricity market data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(26), pages 6567-6574.
- Muniandy, S.V. & Lim, S.C. & Murugan, R., 2001. "Inhomogeneous scaling behaviors in Malaysian foreign currency exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 301(1), pages 407-428.
- Kumar, Sunil & Deo, Nivedita, 2009. "Multifractal properties of the Indian financial market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1593-1602.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1984.
"Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
144, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1985. " Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1283-1301, December.
- Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2009. "Linkages between international stock markets: A multivariate long-memory approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(12), pages 2461-2468.
- Tomas Björk & Henrik Hult, 2005. "A note on Wick products and the fractional Black-Scholes model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 197-209, 04.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O & Tabak, Benjamin M, 2004. "The Hurst exponent over time: testing the assertion that emerging markets are becoming more efficient," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 336(3), pages 521-537.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "Arbitrage with Fractional Brownian Motion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 95-105.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:390:y:2011:i:9:p:1623-1634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.