Role of index futures on China's stock markets: Evidence from price discovery and volatility spillover
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ng, Lilian & Wu, Fei, 2007. "The trading behavior of institutions and individuals in Chinese equity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2695-2710, September.
- Antoniou, Antonios & Koutmos, Gregory & Pericli, Andreas, 2005. "Index futures and positive feedback trading: evidence from major stock exchanges," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 219-238, March.
- Bala Arshanapalli & John Doukas, 1994. "Common volatility in S&P 500 stock index and S&P 500 index futures prices during October 1987," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 915-925, December.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Minho Kim & Andrew C. Szakmary & Thomas V. Schwarz, 1999. "Trading costs and price discovery across stock index futures and cash markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 475-498, June.
- Manolis G. Kavussanos & Ilias D. Visvikis & Panayotis D. Alexakis, 2008. "The Lead-Lag Relationship Between Cash and Stock Index Futures in a New Market," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(5), pages 1007-1025.
- Jian Yang & Zihui Yang & Yinggang Zhou, 2012. "Intraday price discovery and volatility transmission in stock index and stock index futures markets: Evidence from China," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 99-121, February.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Diesteldorf, Jeanne & Siklos, Pierre L., 2015.
"The effect of index futures trading on volatility: Three markets for Chinese stocks,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 207-224.
- Martin T. Bohl & Jeanne Diesteldorf & Pierre L. Siklos, 2014. "The Effect of Index Futures Trading on Volatility: Three Markets for Chinese Stocks," CQE Working Papers 3614, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Martin T. Bohl, Jeanne Diesteldorf, Pierre L. Siklos, 2015. "The effect of index futures trading on volatility: Three markets for Chinese stocks," LCERPA Working Papers 0087, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- Paul Dawson & Sotiris K. Staikouras, 2009. "The impact of volatility derivatives on S&P500 volatility," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(12), pages 1190-1213, December.
- Haiqiang Chen & Qian Han & Yingxing Li & Kai Wu, 2013. "Does Index Futures Trading Reduce Volatility in the Chinese Stock Market? A Panel Data Evaluation Approach," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(12), pages 1167-1190, December.
- repec:wyi:journl:002169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bekiros, Stelios D. & Diks, Cees G.H., 2008.
"The relationship between crude oil spot and futures prices: Cointegration, linear and nonlinear causality,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2673-2685, September.
- Bekiros, S. & Diks, C.G.H., 2007. "The Relationship between Crude Oil Spot and Futures Prices: Cointegration, Linear and Nonlinear Causality," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-11, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-684.
- Judge, Amrit & Reancharoen, Tipprapa, 2014. "An empirical examination of the lead–lag relationship between spot and futures markets: Evidence from Thailand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 335-358.
- Joel Hasbrouck, 2003. "Intraday Price Formation in U.S. Equity Index Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2375-2400, December.
- Talis Putnins, 2013. "What do price discovery metrics really measure?," Published Paper Series 2013-2, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Lin, Wen-Ling, 2001. "Race to the center: competition for the Nikkei 225 futures trade," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 219-242, July.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-1199, September.
- Seasholes, Mark S. & Wu, Guojun, 2007. "Predictable behavior, profits, and attention," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 590-610, December.
- Param Silvapulle & Imad A. Moosa, 1999. "The relationship between spot and futures prices: Evidence from the crude oil market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 175-193, April.
- Wen‐liang Gideon Hsieh, 2004. "Regulatory changes and information competition: The case of Taiwan index futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 399-412, April.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1990. "The Dynamics of Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 441-468, December.
- Gregory Koutmos & Michael Tucker, 1996. "Temporal relationships and dynamic interactions between spot and futures stock markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1983. "The Determination of Spot and Futures Prices with Storable Commodities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1363-1387, September.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Geoffrey Booth, G. & Tse, Yiuman & Zabotina, Tatyana, 2002. "Price discovery and common factor models," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-321, July.
- Ravi Dhar & Ning Zhu, 2006. "Up Close and Personal: Investor Sophistication and the Disposition Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 726-740, May.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1978. "Information, futures prices, and stabilizing speculation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Raymond W. So & Yiuman Tse, 2004. "Price discovery in the hang seng index markets: Index, futures, and the tracker fund," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(9), pages 887-907, September.
- Kenneth A. Kim & Haixiao Liu & J. Jimmy Yang, 2013. "Reconsidering Price Limit Effectiveness," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 493-518, December.
- Jeff Fleming & Barbara Ostdiek & Robert E. Whaley, 1996. "Trading costs and the relative rates of price discovery in stock, futures, and option markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 353-387, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:210-223 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIndex futures; China's stock market; Information sharing; Volatility spillover;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:13-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.