Auctions versus book-built IPOs in Japan: A comparison of aftermarket volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Reuter, 2006. "Are IPO Allocations for Sale? Evidencefrom Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2289-2324, October.
- Chen, An-Sing & Liaw, Gwohorng & Leung, Mark T., 2003. "Stock auction bidding behavior and information asymmetries: An empirical analysis using the discriminatory auction model framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 867-889, May.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1995. "Initial public offerings: International insights," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 139-140, May.
- Kenji Kutsuna, 2004. "Why Does Book Building Drive Out Auction Methods of IPO Issuance? Evidence from Japan," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 1129-1166.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Spindt, Paul A., 1989. "How investment bankers determine the offer price and allocation of new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 343-361.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Ann E. Sherman, 2006. "Why Do IPO Auctions Fail?," NBER Working Papers 12151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sherman, Ann E., 2005. "Global trends in IPO methods: Book building versus auctions with endogenous entry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 615-649, December.
- Francesca Cornelli, 2001. "Bookbuilding and Strategic Allocation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2337-2369, December.
- Ritter, Jay R., 2003. "Investment banking and securities issuance," Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 255-306 Elsevier.
- Yu-Jane Liu & K. C. John Wei & Gwohorng Liaw, 2001. "On the Demand Elasticity of Initial Public Offerings: An Analysis of Discriminatory Auctions," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 151-178.
- Pettway, Richard H. & Kaneko, Takashi, 1996. "The effects of removing price limits and introducing auctions upon short-term IPO returns: The case of Japanese IPOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 241-258, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degeorge, François & Derrien, François & Womack, Kent L., 2010.
"Auctioned IPOs: The US evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 177-194, November.
- François DEGEORGE & François DERRIEN & Kent L. WOMACK, "undated". "Auctioned IPOs: The U.S. Evidence," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-38, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Degeorge, F. & Derrien, F. & Womack, K.L., 2009. "Auctioned IPOs : The U.S. Evidence," Discussion Paper 2009-37 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- François Derrien & François Degeorge & Kent L. Womack, 2010. "Auctioned IPOs: The U.S. Evidence," Post-Print hal-00537076, HAL.
- François Derrien & François Degeorge, 2009. "Auctioned IPOs: the U.S. Evidence," Post-Print hal-00495575, HAL.
- François Derrien & François Degeorge, 2010. "Auctioned IPOs: the U.S. Evidence," Post-Print hal-00553974, HAL.
- Chang, Yuk Ying & Faff, Robert & Hwang, Chuan-Yang, 2010. "Liquidity and stock returns in Japan: New evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 90-115, January.
- Low, Soo-Wah & Yong, Othman, 2011. "Explaining over-subscription in fixed-price IPOs -- Evidence from the Malaysian stock market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 205-216, September.
- Md Hamid Uddin & Mahendra Raj, 2012. "Aftermarket Risk And Underpricing Of Initial Public Offers In The Arabian Gulf Countries: An Empirical Analysis," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(3), pages 123-138.
- Kenji Kutsuna & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 2009.
"Public Information, IPO Price Formation, and Long-Run Returns: Japanese Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 505-546, February.
- Kenji Kutsuna & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 2006. "Public Information, IPO Price Formation, and Long-run Returns: Japanese Evidence," Discussion Papers 2006-22, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Seshadev Sahoo, 2015. "Subscription Rate and Volatility," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 14(1), pages 20-58, April.
- Tadanori Yosano & Christian Nielson Gunnar Rimmel, 2014. "Japanese IPO Intellectual Capital Information Disclosures and the Effects on their Long-Term Stock Price Performance," Discussion Papers 2014-33, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:16:y:2008:i:3:p:224-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .