How the basic RBC model fails to explain US time series
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwan, Yum K. & Chow, Gregory C., 1996. "Estimating Economic Effects of Political Movements in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 192-208, October.
- Plosser, Charles I, 1989. "Understanding Real Business Cycles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 51-77, Summer.
- Watson, Mark W, 1993. "Measures of Fit for Calibrated Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1011-1041, December.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1988. "Production, growth and business cycles : II. New directions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 309-341.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-1370, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1993. "Optimal control without solving the Bellman equation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 621-630, July.
- Kwan, Yum K. & Chow, Gregory C., 1997. "Chow's method of optimal control: A numerical solution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 739-752, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ireland, Peter N., 2004.
"A method for taking models to the data,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1205-1226, March.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1999. "A method for taking models to the data," Working Paper 9903, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter Ireland, 1999. "A Method for Taking Models to the Data," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1233, Society for Computational Economics.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1999. "A Method for Taking Models to the Data," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 421, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter Ireland, 1999. "Matlab code for A Method for Taking Models to the Data," QM&RBC Codes 46, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Letendre, Marc-Andre, 2004.
"Semi-parametric predictions of the intertemporal approach to the current account,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 363-386, December.
- M-A. Letendre, 2002. "Semi-Parametric Predictions of the Intertemporal Approach to the Current Account," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-01, McMaster University.
- Gregory C. Chow, 2003. "Econometrics and Economic Policy," Econometrics 0306004, EconWPA.
- Peter Woehrmann & Willi Semmler & Martin Lettau, "undated". "Nonparametric Estimation of the Time-varying Sharpe Ratio in Dynamic Asset Pricing Models," IEW - Working Papers 225, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Johri, Alok & Letendre, Marc-Andre, 2007.
"What do `residuals' from first-order conditions reveal about DGE models?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2744-2773, August.
- Alok Johri & Marc-André Letendre, 2006. "What do “residuals” from first-order conditions reveal about DGE models?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2006-01, McMaster University.
- Kevin Moran & Veronika Dolar, 2002. "Estimated DGE Models and Forecasting Accuracy: A Preliminary Investigation with Canadian Data," Staff Working Papers 02-18, Bank of Canada.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:41:y:1998:i:2:p:301-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.