Potential maximizers and network formation
In this paper we study the formation of cooperation structures in superadditive cooperative TU-games.Cooperation structures are represented by hypergraphs.The formation process is modelled as a game in strategic form, where the payoffs are determined according to a weighted (extended) Myerson value.This class of solution concepts turns out to be the unique class resulting in weighted potential games.The argmax set of the weighted potential predicts the formation of the complete structure and structures payoff-equivalent to the complete structure.As by-products we obtain a representation theorem of weighted potential games in terms of weighted Shapley values and a characterization of the weighted (extended) Myerson values.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Potential Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 124-143, May.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 2003.
"Link formation in cooperative situations,"
Other publications TiSEM
840ac1d0-9e23-41a7-832e-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1998. "Link formation in cooperative situations," Other publications TiSEM fb302bdf-f6ab-4909-99d5-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1995. "Link formation in cooperative situations," Discussion Paper 1995-35, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- J. B. Van Huyck & R. C. Battalio & R. O. Beil, 2010.
"Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
661465000000000393, David K. Levine.
- Van Huyck, John B & Battalio, Raymond C & Beil, Richard O, 1990. "Tacit Coordination Games, Strategic Uncertainty, and Coordination Failure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 234-248, March.
- John B Van Huyck & Raymond C Battalio & Richard O Beil, 1997. "Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1225, David K. Levine.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- van den Nouweland, Anne & Borm, Peter & Tijs, Stef, 1992.
"Allocation Rules for Hypergraph Communication Situations,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 20(3), pages 255-268.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "Allocation rules for hypergraph communication situations," Other publications TiSEM b97fb9dd-2acf-470d-b9eb-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Slikker, M., 1999.
"Coalition Formation and Potential Games,"
1999-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-1064, July.
- Qin, Cheng-Zhong, 1996. "Endogenous Formation of Cooperation Structures," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 218-226, April.
- Crawford, Vincent P., 1991. "An "evolutionary" interpretation of Van Huyck, Battalio, and Beil's experimental results on coordination," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 25-59, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:39:y:2000:i:1:p:55-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.