A theory of a heterogeneous divisible commodity exchange economy
Abstract In theoretical land economics the existence of a competitive equilibrium with an additive price is considered problematic. This paper studies the exchange and allocation of a heterogeneous divisible commodity such as land, which is modeled as a measurable space. In a [`]land' trading economy with unordered convex preferences, the existence of a competitive equilibrium with an additive equilibrium price is proved. This paper demonstrates also the existence of a weak core and a fair allocation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berliant, Marcus & Thomson, William & Dunz, Karl, 1992. "On the fair division of a heterogeneous commodity," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 201-216.
- Berliant, Marcus & Dunz, Karl, 2004.
"A foundation of location theory: existence of equilibrium, the welfare theorems, and core,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 593-618, August.
- Berliant, M.C. & Dunz, K., 1991. "A Foundation of Location Theory : Exstence of Equilibrium, the Welfare Theorems and Core," RCER Working Papers 298, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, December.
- Berliant, Marcus, 1985. "An equilibrium existence result for an economy with land," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-56, February.
- Gale, D. & Mas-Colell, A., 1975. "An equilibrium existence theorem for a general model without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 9-15, March.
- Weller, Dietrich, 1985. "Fair division of a measurable space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 5-17, February.
- Chambers, Christopher P., 2005. "Allocation rules for land division," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 236-258, April.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Dunz, Karl, 1991. "On the core of a land trading game," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 73-88, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:1:p:54-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.