Delay equivalence in capital accumulation models
Abstract We study delays in capital accumulation models. Our contribution is threefold. First, we identify a class of models that can be transformed into standard optimal control models without delay. Second, in the single state versions of these models the state trajectory is monotonic in the optimal solution. This is noteworthy given the common belief that adding delays facilitates oscillatory behavior of capital, output and investment. Third, we identify an equivalence result between time-to-install/deliver problems and time-to-build problems.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bambi, Mauro & Fabbri, Giorgio & Gozzi, Fausto, 2009.
"Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model,"
17128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Bambi & G. Fabbri & F. Gozzi, 2012. "Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 635-669, August.
- Mauro BAMBI & Giorgio FABBRI & Fausto GOZZI, 2010. "Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Hartl, Richard F., 1987. "A simple proof of the monotonicity of the state trajectories in autonomous control problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 211-215, February.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1990.
"Vintage Capital, Investment And Growth,"
90-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:6:p:1243-1246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.