Delay equivalence in capital accumulation models
Abstract We study delays in capital accumulation models. Our contribution is threefold. First, we identify a class of models that can be transformed into standard optimal control models without delay. Second, in the single state versions of these models the state trajectory is monotonic in the optimal solution. This is noteworthy given the common belief that adding delays facilitates oscillatory behavior of capital, output and investment. Third, we identify an equivalence result between time-to-install/deliver problems and time-to-build problems.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1991.
"Vintage capital, investment, and growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 323-339, December.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment And Growth," Working Papers 90-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jess Benhabib & Aldo Rustichini, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment and Growth," Discussion Papers 886, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mauro BAMBI & Giorgio FABBRI & Fausto GOZZI, 2010.
"Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2010029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- M. Bambi & G. Fabbri & F. Gozzi, 2012. "Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 50(3), pages 635-669, August.
- Bambi, Mauro & Fabbri, Giorgio & Gozzi, Fausto, 2009. "Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model," MPRA Paper 17128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hartl, Richard F., 1987. "A simple proof of the monotonicity of the state trajectories in autonomous control problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 211-215, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:6:p:1243-1246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.