Optimal consumption choice with intolerance for declining standard of living
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Riedel, Frank, 2011. "Optimal consumption choice with intolerance for declining standard of living," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 394, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Riedel & Peter Bank, 2001.
"Existence and structure of stochastic equilibria with intertemporal substitution,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 487-509.
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 2000. "Existence and structure of stochastic equilibria with intertemporal substitution," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,104, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Sundaresan, Suresh M, 1989. "Intertemporally Dependent Preferences and the Volatility of Consumption and Wealth," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 73-89.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. G. Kou & Hui Wang, 2004. "Option Pricing Under a Double Exponential Jump Diffusion Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(9), pages 1178-1192, September.
- Constantinides, George M, 1990.
"Habit Formation: A Resolution of the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 519-543, June.
- G. Constantinides, 1990. "Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1397, David K. Levine.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Back, Kerry, 1991. "Asset pricing for general processes," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 371-395.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Watson, John G. & Scott, Jason S., 2014. "Ratchet consumption over finite and infinite planning horizons," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 84-96.
- Xianzhe Chen & Weidong Tian, 2014. "Optimal portfolio choice and consistent performance," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 37(2), pages 453-474, October.
- Koo, Byung Lim & Koo, Hyeng Keun & Koo, Jung Lim & Hyun, ChongSeok, 2012. "A generalization of Dybvig’s result on portfolio selection with intolerance for decline in consumption," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 646-649.
More about this item
KeywordsIntertemporal consumption choice; Habit formation; Nontime separable utility;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:45:y:2009:i:7-8:p:449-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.