Better integration of sectoral planning and management approaches for the interlinked ecology of the open oceans
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer A. Devine & Krista D. Baker & Richard L. Haedrich, 2006. "Deep-sea fishes qualify as endangered," Nature, Nature, vol. 439(7072), pages 29-29, January.
- B. A. Block & I. D. Jonsen & S. J. Jorgensen & A. J. Winship & S. A. Shaffer & S. J. Bograd & E. L. Hazen & D. G. Foley & G. A. Breed & A.-L. Harrison & J. E. Ganong & A. Swithenbank & M. Castleton & , 2011. "Tracking apex marine predator movements in a dynamic ocean," Nature, Nature, vol. 475(7354), pages 86-90, July.
- Marinesque, Sophie & Kaplan, David M. & Rodwell, Lynda D., 2012. "Global implementation of marine protected areas: Is the developing world being left behind?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 727-737.
- O'Leary, B.C. & Brown, R.L. & Johnson, D.E. & von Nordheim, H. & Ardron, J. & Packeiser, T. & Roberts, C.M., 2012. "The first network of marine protected areas (MPAs) in the high seas: The process, the challenges and where next," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 598-605.
- C. R. Margules & R. L. Pressey, 2000. "Systematic conservation planning," Nature, Nature, vol. 405(6783), pages 243-253, May.
- Michael J. Behrenfeld & Robert T. O’Malley & David A. Siegel & Charles R. McClain & Jorge L. Sarmiento & Gene C. Feldman & Allen J. Milligan & Paul G. Falkowski & Ricardo M. Letelier & Emmanuel S. Bos, 2006. "Climate-driven trends in contemporary ocean productivity," Nature, Nature, vol. 444(7120), pages 752-755, December.
- Norse, Elliott A. & Brooke, Sandra & Cheung, William W.L. & Clark, Malcolm R. & Ekeland, Ivar & Froese, Rainer & Gjerde, Kristina M. & Haedrich, Richard L. & Heppell, Selina S. & Morato, Telmo & Morga, 2012. "Sustainability of deep-sea fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 307-320.
- Lothar Stramma & Eric D. Prince & Sunke Schmidtko & Jiangang Luo & John P. Hoolihan & Martin Visbeck & Douglas W. R. Wallace & Peter Brandt & Arne Körtzinger, 2012. "Expansion of oxygen minimum zones may reduce available habitat for tropical pelagic fishes," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 2(1), pages 33-37, January.
- Ardron, Jeff & Gjerde, Kristina & Pullen, Sian & Tilot, Virginie, 2008. "Marine spatial planning in the high seas," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 832-839, September.
- Ehler, Charles, 2008. "Conclusions: Benefits, lessons learned, and future challenges of marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 840-843, September.
- Cullis-Suzuki, Sarika & Pauly, Daniel, 2010. "Failing the high seas: A global evaluation of regional fisheries management organizations," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1036-1042, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maxwell, Sara M. & Hazen, Elliott L. & Lewison, Rebecca L. & Dunn, Daniel C. & Bailey, Helen & Bograd, Steven J. & Briscoe, Dana K. & Fossette, Sabrina & Hobday, Alistair J. & Bennett, Meredith & Bens, 2015. "Dynamic ocean management: Defining and conceptualizing real-time management of the ocean," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 42-50.
- Kaiser, Brooks A. & Bakanev, Sergey & Bertelsen, Rasmus Gjedsø & Carson, Marcus & Eide, Arne & Fernandez, Linda & Halpin, Patrick & Izmalkov, Sergei & Kyhn, Line A. & Österblom, Henrik & Punt, Maarten, 2015. "Spatial issues in Arctic marine resource governance workshop summary and comment," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-5.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Crow White & Christopher Costello, 2014. "Close the High Seas to Fishing?," PLOS Biology, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(3), pages 1-5, March.
- Sebastian Ernst Volkmann & Thomas Kuhn & Felix Lehnen, 2018. "A comprehensive approach for a techno-economic assessment of nodule mining in the deep sea," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 31(3), pages 319-336, October.
- Jacques, Peter J., 2015. "Are world fisheries a global panarchy?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 165-170.
- Ardron, Jeff A. & Clark, Malcolm R. & Penney, Andrew J. & Hourigan, Thomas F. & Rowden, Ashley A. & Dunstan, Piers K. & Watling, Les & Shank, Timothy M. & Tracey, Di M. & Dunn, Mathew R. & Parker, Ste, 2014. "A systematic approach towards the identification and protection of vulnerable marine ecosystems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 146-154.
- Freestone, David & Johnson, David & Ardron, Jeff & Morrison, Kate Killerlain & Unger, Sebastian, 2014. "Can existing institutions protect biodiversity in areas beyond national jurisdiction? Experiences from two on-going processes," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 167-175.
- Brennan, Jonathon & Fitzsimmons, Clare & Gray, Tim & Raggatt, Laura, 2014. "EU marine strategy framework directive (MSFD) and marine spatial planning (MSP): Which is the more dominant and practicable contributor to maritime policy in the UK?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 359-366.
- Lima, Daniela Oliveira de & Crouzeilles, Renato & Vieira, Marcus Vinícius, 2020. "Integrating strict protection and sustainable use areas to preserve the Brazilian Pampa biome through conservation planning," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Ardron, Jeff A. & Rayfuse, Rosemary & Gjerde, Kristina & Warner, Robin, 2014. "The sustainable use and conservation of biodiversity in ABNJ: What can be achieved using existing international agreements?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 98-108.
- Huang, Wei & Corbett, James J. & Jin, Di, 2015. "Regional economic and environmental analysis as a decision support for marine spatial planning in Xiamen," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 555-562.
- Stevens, T.F. & Sheehan, E.V. & Gall, S.C. & Fowell, S.C. & Attrill, M.J., 2014. "Monitoring benthic biodiversity restoration in Lyme Bay marine protected area: Design, sampling and analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 310-317.
- Wright, Glen & Ardron, Jeff & Gjerde, Kristina & Currie, Duncan & Rochette, Julien, 2015. "Advancing marine biodiversity protection through regional fisheries management: A review of bottom fisheries closures in areas beyond national jurisdiction," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 134-148.
- Kangas, Johanna & Ollikainen, Markku, 2022. "A PES scheme promoting forest biodiversity and carbon sequestration," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Marshall, C.E. & Glegg, G.A. & Howell, K.L., 2014. "Species distribution modelling to support marine conservation planning: The next steps," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 330-332.
- Patara, Lavinia & Vichi, Marcello & Masina, Simona, 2012. "Impacts of natural and anthropogenic climate variations on North Pacific plankton in an Earth System Model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 244(C), pages 132-147.
- Tamara S. Wilson & Benjamin M. Sleeter & Rachel R. Sleeter & Christopher E. Soulard, 2014. "Land-Use Threats and Protected Areas: A Scenario-Based, Landscape Level Approach," Land, MDPI, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, April.
- Hussain Sinan & Megan Bailey, 2020. "Understanding Barriers in Indian Ocean Tuna Commission Allocation Negotiations on Fishing Opportunities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(16), pages 1-15, August.
- Shereen Sherif, 2013. "Negotiating Postcolonial Spaces," International Studies, , vol. 50(1-2), pages 145-164, January.
- Dongyan Liu & Chongran Zhou & John K. Keesing & Oscar Serrano & Axel Werner & Yin Fang & Yingjun Chen & Pere Masque & Janine Kinloch & Aleksey Sadekov & Yan Du, 2022. "Wildfires enhance phytoplankton production in tropical oceans," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 13(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Merrie, Andrew & Olsson, Per, 2014. "An innovation and agency perspective on the emergence and spread of Marine Spatial Planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 366-374.
- Wang, Haoluan, 2017. "Land Conservation for Open Space: The Impact of Neighbors and the Natural Environment," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258125, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsHigh seas; Areas beyond national jurisdiction; Marine conservation; Sustainable fisheries; Marine protected areas; Benthic-pelagic interlinkages;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:49:y:2014:i:c:p:127-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.