Municipal waste management as a local utility: Options for competition in an environmentally-regulated industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas C. Kinnaman & Don Fullterton, 1999. "The Economics of Residential Solid Waste Management," NBER Working Papers 7326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. M. Sappington & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Privatization, information and incentives," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 567-585.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R., 1989. "Optimal policies for natural monopolies," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1289-1346 Elsevier.
- Stefan Szymanski, 1996. "The impact of compulsory competitive tendering on refuse collection services," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 1-19, August.
- Macauley, Molly & Walls, Margaret & Anderson, Soren, 2002. "The Organization of Local Solid Waste and Recycling Markets: Public and Private Provision of Services," Discussion Papers dp-02-35-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Germa Bel & Anton Costas, 2006. "Do Public Sector Reforms Get Rusty? Local Privatization in Spain," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24.
- Crocker, Keith J & Masten, Scott E, 1996. "Regulation and Administered Contracts Revisited: Lessons from Transaction-Cost Economics for Public Utility Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 5-39, January.
- Federico Biagi & Antonio Massarutto, 2002. "Efficienza e regolamentazione nei servizi pubblici locali: il caso dell'igiene urbana," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(2).
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marinella Favot, 2014. "Extended producer responsibility and e-waste management: do institutions matter ?," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 123-144.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:201-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Fenn and Andre Cote, 2014. "Provincial-Municipal Relations in Ontario: Approaching an Inflection Point," IMFG Papers 17, University of Toronto, Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:34:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0067-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asquer, Alberto, 2011. "Liberalization and regulatory reform of network industries: A comparative analysis of Italian public utilities," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 172-184.
- Carlo Reggiani & Francesco Silvestri, 2015. "Municipal Waste Collection: Market Competition and the EU Policy," Working Papers 2015.90, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jamasb, T. & Kiamil, H. & Nepal, R., 2008. "Hot Issue and Burning Options in Waste Management: A Social Cost Benefit Analysis of Waste-to-Energy in the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0801, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mihai, Florin-Constantin & Lamasanu, Andreea, 2013.
"Spatial analysis of dumpsites volumes from rural territory Case study: Neamt County, Romania,"
61368, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Florin Mihai & Andreea Lamasanu, 2013. "Spatial analysis of dumpsites volumes from rural territory Case study: Neamt County, Romania," Post-Print hal-01151107, HAL.
- repec:spr:lsprsc:v:10:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12076-017-0188-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:15:y:2007:i:1:p:9-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.