Rail infrastructure charging in Hellenic railways
In this paper we consider marginal cost estimation in Greek railways over the period 2000-2004. Marginal cost estimation has been recently an active area of research when disaggregated data by line of operation are available but factor price data are not available. We propose panel data techniques to deal with the problem of statistical efficiency of parameters estimators. Our estimates show that marginal cost in Greek railways is comparable to the estimates in other European countries.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perelman, Sergio & Pestieau, Pierre, 1988. "Technical performance in public enterprises : A comparative study of railways and postal services," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 432-441, March.
- John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2004. "Dynamic Distributions of Productivity Growth in European Railways," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 45-75, January.
- Loizides, John & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Productivity growth in European railways: a new approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 633-644, August.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Tretheway, Michael W, 1980. "Flexible Cost Functions for Multiproduct Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 477-481, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1996. "Productivity Growth in Passenger-Bus Transportation: A Heteroskedastic Error Component Model with Unbalanced Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 557-573.
- Gerhard Munduch & Alexander Pfister & Leopold Sögner & Alfred Stiassny, 2002. "Estimating Marginal Costs for the Austrian Railway System," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp078, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Munduch, Gerhard & Pfister, Alexander & Sögner, Leopold & Stiassny, Alfred, 2002. "Estimating marginal costs for the Austrian railway system," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 854, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M & Rich, Daniel P, 1995. "The Measurement of Firm-Specific Indexes of Technical Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 654-663, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A General Index of Technical Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 20-41, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-1245, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:33:y:2011:i:3:p:370-380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.