The allocation of official development assistance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frey, Bruno S. & Schneider, Friedrich, 1986. "Competing models of international lending activity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 225-245, March.
- Dudley, Leonard & Montmarquette, Claude, 1976. "A Model of the Supply of Bilateral Foreign Aid," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 132-142, March.
- Mosley, Paul, 1985. "The Political Economy of Foreign Aid: A Model of the Market for a Public Good," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 373-393, January.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- Trumbull, William N & Wall, Howard J, 1994. "Estimating Aid-Allocation Criteria with Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 876-882, July.
- Gang, Ira N. & Lehman, James A., 1990. "New directions or not: USAID in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 723-732, May.
- Dowling, J. M. & Hiemenz, Ulrich, 1985. "Biases in the allocation of foreign aid: Some new evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 535-541, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark McGillivray, 2003. "Aid Effectiveness and Selectivity: Integrating Multiple Objectives into Aid Allocations," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-71, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gnangnon, Sèna Kimm, 2016. "Aid for Trade and trade tax revenues in developing countries," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 9-22.
- Matthew J. Salois, 2012.
"Biases in the distribution of bilateral aid: a regional decomposition analysis,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 203-206, February.
- Salois, Matthew, 2011. "Biases in the distribution of bilateral aid: a regional decomposition analysis," MPRA Paper 29295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Powell, Robert & Bird, Graham, 2010. "Aid and Debt Relief in Africa: Have They Been Substitutes or Complements?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 219-227, March.
- Simon Feeny, 2003. "What Determines Foreign Aid to Papua New Guinea? An Inter-temporal Model of Aid Allocation," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-05, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Javed Younas, 2007. "Do donors care about declining trade revenues from liberalization? an analysis of aid allocation," Working Papers 2007-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mark McGillivray, 2005. "What determines African bilateral aid receipts?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(8), pages 1003-1018.
- Mark McGillivray, 2003.
"Modelling Aid Allocation: Issues, Approaches And Results,"
Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 171-188, June.
- Mark McGillivray, 2003. "Modelling Aid Allocation: Issues, Approaches and Results," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-49, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Czaika, Mathias & Mayer, Amy, 2007. "Burden-sharing or migration management?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 3, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2007.
"The determinants of aid in the post-cold war era,"
Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 89(Nov), pages 533-548.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2006. "The determinants of aid in the post-cold war era," Working Papers 2006-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay, 2006. "The Determinants of Aid in the Post-Cold War Era," Working Papers 06-14 Classification- JEL, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & YAMADA Hiroyuki & KUROSAKI Takashi, 2008. "Is Aid Allocation Consistent with Global Poverty Reduction?: A Cross-Donor Comparison," Discussion papers 08025, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- B. Mak Arvin & Torben Drewes, 1998. "Biases in the allocation of Canadian official development assistance," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(12), pages 773-775.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Faria, Joao Ricardo & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2008. "Terrorism against American citizens in Africa: Related to poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 55-69.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmane Ouedraogo & Sampawende J.-A. Tapsoba, 2016.
"Structural shifts in aid dependency and fiscal policy in developing countries,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(46), pages 4426-4446, October.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmané Ouedraogo & Sampawende Jules Tapsoba, 2016. "Structural shifts in aid dependency and fiscal policy in developing countries," Post-Print halshs-01298059, HAL.
- Younas, Javed, 2008. "Motivation for bilateral aid allocation: Altruism or trade benefits," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 661-674, September.
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon, 2016. "Market Access of OECD Donor Countries and Their Supply of Aid for Trade," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-38, February.
- Gnangnon, Sèna Kimm, 2017. "Structural economic vulnerability, openness and bilateral development aid flows," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 77-95.
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon, 2017. "Multilateral Trade Liberalization, Export Share in the International Trade Market and Aid for Trade," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(03), pages 1-35, October.
- Robert Powell, 2003. "Debt Relief, Additionality, and Aid Allocation in Low Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina, 2009. "Institutions, trade, and social cohesion in fragile states: Implications for policy conditionality and aid allocation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 877-890, November.
- Donald Larson & Gunnar Breustedt, 2009. "Will Markets Direct Investments Under the Kyoto Protocol? Lessons from the Activities Implemented Jointly Pilots," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 433-456, July.
- Brun, Jean-François & Gnangnon, Sèna Kimm, 2017. "Does trade openness contribute to driving financing flows for development?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2017-06, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Larson, Donald F. & Breustedt, Gunnar, 2007. "Will markets direct investments under the Kyoto Protocol ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4131, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:17:y:1995:i:3:p:307-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.