The cost of using stationary inventory policies when demand is non-stationary
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Karlin, 1960. "Dynamic Inventory Policy with Varying Stochastic Demands," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 231-258, April.
- Donald L. Iglehart, 1963. "Optimality of (s, S) Policies in the Infinite Horizon Dynamic Inventory Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 259-267, January.
- Yue, Jinfeng & Xia, Yu & Tran, Thuhang, 2010. "Selecting sourcing partners for a make-to-order supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 136-144, June.
- Mohebbi, E. & Choobineh, F., 2005. "The impact of component commonality in an assemble-to-order environment under supply and demand uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 472-482, December.
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2008. "Strategic Inventory Placement in Supply Chains: Nonstationary Demand," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 278-287, March.
- Arthur F. Veinott, Jr. & Harvey M. Wagner, 1965. "Computing Optimal (s, S) Inventory Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(5), pages 525-552, March.
- Tarim, S. Armagan & Kingsman, Brian G., 2006. "Modelling and computing (Rn, Sn) policies for inventory systems with non-stationary stochastic demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 581-599, October.
- Wang, Kung-Jeng & Wee, Hui-Ming & Gao, Shin-Feng & Chung, Shen-Lian, 2005. "Production and inventory control with chaotic demands," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 97-106, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pauls-Worm, Karin G.J. & Hendrix, Eligius M.T. & Alcoba, Alejandro G. & Haijema, René, 2016. "Order quantities for perishable inventory control with non-stationary demand and a fill rate constraint," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 238-246.
- Tempelmeier, Horst, 2011. "A column generation heuristic for dynamic capacitated lot sizing with random demand under a fill rate constraint," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 627-633, December.
- Özen, Ulaş & Doğru, Mustafa K. & Armagan Tarim, S., 2012. "Static-dynamic uncertainty strategy for a single-item stochastic inventory control problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 348-357.
- Pauls-Worm, Karin G.J. & Hendrix, Eligius M.T. & Haijema, René & van der Vorst, Jack G.A.J., 2014. "An MILP approximation for ordering perishable products with non-stationary demand and service level constraints," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 133-146.
- Ehrenthal, J.C.F. & Honhon, D. & Van Woensel, T., 2014. "Demand seasonality in retail inventory management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(2), pages 527-539.
- Rostami-Tabar, Bahman & Babai, Mohamed Zied & Ducq, Yves & Syntetos, Aris, 2015. "Non-stationary demand forecasting by cross-sectional aggregation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 297-309.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:86-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kreye, M.E. & Goh, Y.M. & Newnes, L.B. & Goodwin, P., 2012. "Approaches to displaying information to assist decisions under uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 682-692.
- Banerjee, Pradeep K. & Turner, T. Rolf, 2012. "A flexible model for the pricing of perishable assets," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 533-540.
- Choudhary, Devendra & Shankar, Ravi, 2015. "The value of VMI beyond information sharing in a single supplier multiple retailers supply chain under a non-stationary (Rn, Sn) policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 59-70.
- Lagodimos, A.G. & Christou, I.T. & Skouri, K., 2012. "Computing globally optimal (s,S,T) inventory policies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 660-671.
More about this item
KeywordsInventory control Non-stationary demand Stationary policy (s; S) policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:4:p:410-415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .