A column generation heuristic for dynamic capacitated lot sizing with random demand under a fill rate constraint
This paper deals with the dynamic multi-item capacitated lot-sizing problem under random period demands (SCLSP). Unfilled demands are backordered and a fill rate constraint is in effect. It is assumed that, according to the static-uncertainty strategy of Bookbinder and Tan , all decisions concerning the time and the production quantities are made in advance for the entire planning horizon regardless of the realization of the demands. The problem is approximated with the set partitioning model and a heuristic solution procedure that combines column generation and the recently developed ABC[beta] heuristic is proposed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James H. Bookbinder & Jin-Yan Tan, 1988. "Strategies for the Probabilistic Lot-Sizing Problem with Service-Level Constraints," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(9), pages 1096-1108, September.
- Silver, Edward A. & Bischak, Diane P., 2011. "The exact fill rate in a periodic review base stock system under normally distributed demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 346-349, June.
- Cattrysse, Dirk & Maes, Johan & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1990. "Set partitioning and column generation heuristics for capacitated dynamic lotsizing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 38-47, May.
- Karimi, B. & Fatemi Ghomi, S. M. T. & Wilson, J. M., 2003. "The capacitated lot sizing problem: a review of models and algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 365-378, October.
- Alan S. Manne, 1958.
"Programming of Economic Lot Sizes,"
INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 115-135, January.
- Wijngaard, J. & Wortmann, J. C., 1985. "MRP and inventories," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 281-293, June.
- Tunc, Huseyin & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan & Eksioglu, Burak, 2011. "The cost of using stationary inventory policies when demand is non-stationary," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 410-415, August.
- Sox, Charles R. & Jackson, Peter L. & Bowman, Alan & Muckstadt, John A., 1999. "A review of the stochastic lot scheduling problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 181-200, September.
- Martel, Alain & Diaby, Moustapha & Boctor, Fayez, 1995. "Multiple items procurement under stochastic nonstationary demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 74-92, November.
- Robinson, Powell & Narayanan, Arunachalam & Sahin, Funda, 2009. "Coordinated deterministic dynamic demand lot-sizing problem: A review of models and algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-15, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:627-633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.