Trip packing in petrol stations replenishment
This paper considers a generalized version of the trip packing problem that we encountered as a sub-problem of the petrol stations replenishment problem. In this version we have to assign a number of trips to a fleet composed of a limited number of non-identical tank-trucks. Each trip has a specific duration, working time of vehicles is limited and the net revenue of each trip depends on the truck used. The paper provides a mathematical formulation of the problem and proposes some construction, improvement and neighbourhood search solution heuristics. A set of benchmark problem instances is created in a way that reflects real-life situations and used to analyse the performance of the proposed heuristics. A real-life case is also used to further assess the proposed heuristics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brandao, Jose & Mercer, Alan, 1997. "A tabu search algorithm for the multi-trip vehicle routing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 180-191, July.
- Barcia, Paulo & Jornsten, Kurt, 1990. "Improved Lagrangean decomposition: An application to the generalized assignment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 84-92, May.
- B.J. Os & J.J. Meulman, 2004. "Improving Dynamic Programming Strategies for Partitioning," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 21(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Cornillier, Fabien & Boctor, Fayez F. & Laporte, Gilbert & Renaud, Jacques, 2008. "A heuristic for the multi-period petrol station replenishment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 295-305, December.
- Doerner, K.F. & Gutjahr, W.J. & Hartl, R.F. & Strauss, C. & Stummer, C., 2008. "Nature-inspired metaheuristics for multiobjective activity crashing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1019-1037, December.
- YazgI Tütüncü, G. & Carreto, Carlos A.C. & Baker, Barrie M., 2009. "A visual interactive approach to classical and mixed vehicle routing problems with backhauls," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 138-154, February.
- G.Y. Tütüncü & B.M. Carreto Baker, 2009. "A visual interactive approach to the classical and mixed vehicle routing problems with backhauls," Post-Print hal-00581628, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:1:p:86-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.