Trip packing in petrol stations replenishment
This paper considers a generalized version of the trip packing problem that we encountered as a sub-problem of the petrol stations replenishment problem. In this version we have to assign a number of trips to a fleet composed of a limited number of non-identical tank-trucks. Each trip has a specific duration, working time of vehicles is limited and the net revenue of each trip depends on the truck used. The paper provides a mathematical formulation of the problem and proposes some construction, improvement and neighbourhood search solution heuristics. A set of benchmark problem instances is created in a way that reflects real-life situations and used to analyse the performance of the proposed heuristics. A real-life case is also used to further assess the proposed heuristics.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doerner, K.F. & Gutjahr, W.J. & Hartl, R.F. & Strauss, C. & Stummer, C., 2008. "Nature-inspired metaheuristics for multiobjective activity crashing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1019-1037, December.
- B.J. Os & J.J. Meulman, 2004. "Improving Dynamic Programming Strategies for Partitioning," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 21(2), pages 207-230, September.
- YazgI Tütüncü, G. & Carreto, Carlos A.C. & Baker, Barrie M., 2009. "A visual interactive approach to classical and mixed vehicle routing problems with backhauls," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 138-154, February.
- Cornillier, Fabien & Boctor, Fayez F. & Laporte, Gilbert & Renaud, Jacques, 2008. "A heuristic for the multi-period petrol station replenishment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 295-305, December.
- Barcia, Paulo & Jornsten, Kurt, 1990. "Improved Lagrangean decomposition: An application to the generalized assignment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Brandao, Jose & Mercer, Alan, 1997. "A tabu search algorithm for the multi-trip vehicle routing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 180-191, July.
- G.Y. Tütüncü & B.M. Carreto Baker, 2009. "A visual interactive approach to the classical and mixed vehicle routing problems with backhauls," Post-Print hal-00581628, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:1:p:86-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.