The Effects of Adopting and Using a Brand's Mobile Application on Customers' Subsequent Purchase Behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Charles R & Startz, Richard, 1990.
"The Distribution of the Instrumental Variables Estimator and Its t-Ratio When the Instrument Is a Poor One,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 125-140, January.
- Nelson, C. & Startz, R., 1988. "The Distribution Of The Instrumental Variables Estimator And Its T-Ratio When The Instrument Is A Poor One," Working Papers 88-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Charles R. Nelson & Richard Startz, 1988. "The Distribution of the Instrumental Variables Estimator and Its t-RatioWhen the Instrument is a Poor One," NBER Technical Working Papers 0069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, C. & Startz, R., 1988. "The Distribution Of The Instrumental Variables Estimator And Its T-Ratio When The Instrument Is A Poor One," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 88-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Wang, Rebecca Jen-Hui & Malthouse, Edward C. & Krishnamurthi, Lakshman, 2015. "On the Go: How Mobile Shopping Affects Customer Purchase Behavior," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 217-234.
- Okazaki, Shintaro & Mendez, Felipe, 2013. "Perceived Ubiquity in Mobile Services," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 98-111.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, 05-06.
- van Noort, Guda & Voorveld, Hilde A.M. & van Reijmersdal, Eva A., 2012. "Interactivity in Brand Web Sites: Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Responses Explained by Consumers' Online Flow Experience," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 223-234.
- Shankar, Venkatesh & Balasubramanian, Sridhar, 2009. "Mobile Marketing: A Synthesis and Prognosis," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 118-129.
- Zott, Christoph & Amit, Raphael & Donlevy, Jon, 2000. "Strategies for value creation in e-commerce:: best practice in Europe," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 463-475, October.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Thomas P. Novak & Donna L. Hoffman & Yiu-Fai Yung, 2000. "Measuring the Customer Experience in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 22-42, May.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Rejoinder--Implications of "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness"," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 413-415, 05-06.
- Rosenbaum, Paul R., 2010. "Design Sensitivity and Efficiency in Observational Studies," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 692-702.
- Bellman, Steven & Potter, Robert F. & Treleaven-Hassard, Shiree & Robinson, Jennifer A. & Varan, Duane, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Branded Mobile Phone Apps," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 191-200.
- Imbens,Guido W. & Rubin,Donald B., 2015. "Causal Inference for Statistics, Social, and Biomedical Sciences," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521885881.
- Mollen, Anne & Wilson, Hugh, 2010. "Engagement, telepresence and interactivity in online consumer experience: Reconciling scholastic and managerial perspectives," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 919-925, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary Beth McCabe & Mary Beth McCabe, 2019. "Mobile Marketing Strategies For Educational Programs," Business Education and Accreditation, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 11(1), pages 111-121.
- De Vries, Eline L.E. & Zhang, Sha, 2020. "The effectiveness of random discounts for migrating customers to the mobile channel," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 272-281.
- Edward C. Malthouse & Wei-Lin Wang & Bobby J. Calder & Tom Collinger, 2019. "Process control for monitoring customer engagement," Journal of Marketing Analytics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 7(2), pages 54-63, June.
- van Noort, Guda & van Reijmersdal, Eva A., 2019. "Branded Apps: Explaining Effects of Brands' Mobile Phone Applications on Brand Responses," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 16-26.
- Unnati Narang & Venkatesh Shankar, 2019. "Mobile App Introduction and Online and Offline Purchases and Product Returns," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 756-772, September.
- Siliang Tong & Xueming Luo & Bo Xu, 2020. "Personalized mobile marketing strategies," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 64-78, January.
- Ladhari, Riadh & Gonthier, Jessica & Lajante, Mathieu, 2019. "Generation Y and online fashion shopping: Orientations and profiles," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 113-121.
- Mirza A. Haq, Arsalan Mujahid Ghouri, 2017. "Distinctive Characteristics of Mobile Advertising in Measuring Consumers' Attitude: An Empirical Study," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 4(2), pages 199-216, October.
- van Heerde, Harald J. & Dinner, Isaac M. & Neslin, Scott A., 2019. "Engaging the unengaged customer: The value of a retailer mobile app," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 420-438.
- LaBrie, Ryan C. & Steinke, Gerhard H. & Li, Xiangmin & Cazier, Joseph A., 2018. "Big data analytics sentiment: US-China reaction to data collection by business and government," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 45-55.
- Liu, Huan & Lobschat, Lara & Verhoef, Peter C. & Zhao, Hong, 2019. "App Adoption: The Effect on Purchasing of Customers Who Have Used a Mobile Website Previously," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 16-34.
- Yoonseock Son & Wonseok Oh & Sang Pil Han & Sungho Park, 2020. "When Loyalty Goes Mobile: Effects of Mobile Loyalty Apps on Purchase, Redemption, and Competition," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 835-847, September.
- McLean, Graeme & Osei-Frimpong, Kofi & Al-Nabhani, Khalid & Marriott, Hannah, 2020. "Examining consumer attitudes towards retailers' m-commerce mobile applications – An initial adoption vs. continuous use perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 139-157.
- Shankar, Venkatesh & Kleijnen, Mirella & Ramanathan, Suresh & Rizley, Ross & Holland, Steve & Morrissey, Shawn, 2016. "Mobile Shopper Marketing: Key Issues, Current Insights, and Future Research Avenues," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 37-48.
- Francesca De Canio & Marco Ieva & Cristina Ziliani, 2017. "Beyond the "mobile versus PC" dichotomy: Profiling online shoppers based on device usage," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2017(2), pages 99-121.
- Rippé, Cindy B. & Smith, Brent & Dubinsky, Alan J., 2018. "Lonely consumers and their friend the retail salesperson," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 131-141.
- Reinartz, Werner & Wiegand, Nico & Imschloss, Monika, 2019. "The impact of digital transformation on the retailing value chain," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 350-366.
- Iyer, Pramod & Davari, Arezoo & Mukherjee, Amaradri, 2018. "Investigating the effectiveness of retailersâ€™ mobile applications in determining customer satisfaction and repatronage intentions? A congruency perspective," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 235-243.
- Carlos Tam & Diogo Santos & Tiago Oliveira, 2020. "Exploring the influential factors of continuance intention to use mobile Apps: Extending the expectation confirmation model," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 243-257, February.
- Abdullatif I. R. ALHUDAITHY, 2019. "The Impact of Supermarketsâ€™ Mobile Application on Saudi Customerâ€™s Behavior during the Buying Decision Process," Expert Journal of Marketing, Sprint Investify, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91.
- Cao, Lanlan & Liu, Xin & Cao, Wenbin, 2018. "The Effects of Search-Related and Purchase-Related Mobile App Additions on Retailers’ Shareholder Wealth: The Roles of Firm Size, Product Category, and Customer Segment," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 94(4), pages 343-351.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile app; Log data; Location check-ins; Interactivity; Stickiness; Purchase behavior; Propensity score matching; Difference-in-difference-in-difference (DDD) model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joinma:v:31:y:2015:i:c:p:28-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-interactive-marketing/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.