What is altruism? A reply to critics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khalil, Elias L., 1996. "What is Economic Action? From Marshall and Robbins to Polanyi and Becker," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 13-36, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teraji, Shinji, 2009. "A model of corporate social performance: Social satisfaction and moral conduct," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 926-934, December.
- Yörük, Barış K., 2014.
"Does giving to charity lead to better health? Evidence from tax subsidies for charitable giving,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 71-83.
- Baris Yoruk, 2013. "Does giving to charity lead to better health? Evidence from tax subsidies for charitable giving," Discussion Papers 13-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Baris K. Yörük, 2014. "Does Giving to Charity Lead to Better Health? Evidence from Tax Subsidies for Charitable Giving," CESifo Working Paper Series 4853, CESifo Group Munich.
- Branas-Garza, Pablo, 2007.
"Promoting helping behavior with framing in dictator games,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 477-486, August.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza, 2006. "Promoting Helping Behavior with Framing in Dictator games," ThE Papers 06/04, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Yildiz, Özgür, 2016. "Public-private partnerships, incomplete contracts, and distributional fairness – when payments matter," MPRA Paper 74552, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khalil, Elias L., 2011. "The mirror neuron paradox: How far is understanding from mimicking?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 86-96, January.
- Elias L. Khalil, 2013. "Egotism: making sense of social preferences," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Reciprocity and Social Enterprise, chapter 12, pages 121-133 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Binder, Martin & Freytag, Andreas, 2013. "Volunteering, subjective well-being and public policy," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 97-119.
- Khalil, Elias L., 2004. "Is a group better off with more altruists? Not necessarily," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 89-92, January.
- Gulyás, Attila, 2007.
"A méltányosságelmélet alapjai. Modellek és nézőpontok
[The foundations of quity theory. Models and viewpoints]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 167-183.
- Elias Asproudis, 2011. "Revisiting environmental groups and members’ behaviour: budget, size and (im)pure altruism," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 13(2), pages 139-156, June.
- Martin Binder, 2015. "Do it with joy: Subjective well-being outcomes of working in non-profit organizations," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2015-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Sarıbaş, Hakan, 2007.
"Kantian Altruism in Economics and Ibn Khaldun
[Kantian Altruism in Economics and Ibn Haldun]," MPRA Paper 26904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adam Ayaita & Filiz Guelal & Philip Yang, 2017.
"Where Does the Good Shepherd Go? Civic Virtue and Sorting into Public Sector Employment,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0134, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Jan 2018.
- Omar Adam Ayaita & Filiz Gülal & Philip Yang, 2017. "Where Does the Good Shepherd Go? Civic Virtue and Sorting into Public Sector Employment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 930, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Philippe Batifoulier & Nicolas Da Silva, 2014. "The economic behaviour of doctors: medical altruism without an ethic?," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-9, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- King, William R. & Marks, Peter Jr., 2008. "Motivating knowledge sharing through a knowledge management system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 131-146, February.
- Elias L. Khalil, 2010. "Adam Smith'S Concept Of Self-Command As A Solution To Dynamic Inconsistency And The Commitment Problem," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(1), pages 177-191, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:25:y:2004:i:1:p:141-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .