Altruism as a motivation to volunteer
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ranyard, Rob & Craig, Gill, 1993. "Estimating the duration of a flexible loan: The effect of supplementary information," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 317-335, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juergen Woeckl & Tanin Chaiyesh, 2014. "A Structural Equation Model for Spiritual Service Volunteer Labor Supply at Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University," Applied Economics Journal, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Economics, Center for Applied Economic Research, vol. 21(1), pages 79-101, June.
- Hallmann, Kirstin, 2015. "Modelling the decision to volunteer in organised sports," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 448-463.
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:57-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prouteau, Lionel & Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2006. "Does volunteer work pay off in the labor market?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 992-1013, December.
- Johnson, Jennifer Wiggins & Rapp, Adam, 2010. "A more comprehensive understanding and measure of customer helping behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 787-792, August.
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto, 2015. "Voluntary Activities and Daily Happiness in the US," IZA Discussion Papers 8764, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Degraeve, Zeger, 1997. "The attrition of volunteers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 37-51, April.
- Ignacio Abásolo & Aki Tsuchiya, 2014. "Blood donation as a public good: an empirical investigation of the free rider problem," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(3), pages 313-321, April.
- Binder, Martin & Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin, 2016. "Environmental concerns, volunteering and subjective well-being: Antecedents and outcomes of environmental activism in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-16.
- Prouteau, Lionel & Wolff, François-Charles, 2008. "On the relational motive for volunteer work," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 314-335, June.
- Adam Ayaita & Filiz Guelal & Philip Yang, 2017.
"Where Does the Good Shepherd Go? Civic Virtue and Sorting into Public Sector Employment,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0134, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Jan 2018.
- Omar Adam Ayaita & Filiz Gülal & Philip Yang, 2017. "Where Does the Good Shepherd Go? Civic Virtue and Sorting into Public Sector Employment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 930, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Tony Beatton & Benno Torgler, 2014.
"Volunteering and Life or Financial Shocks: Does Income and Wealth Matter?,"
2014.103, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Tony Beatton & Benno Torgler, 2014. "Volunteering and life or financial shocks: Does income and wealth matter?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-14, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2007.
"Volunteering and Income - The Fallacy of the Good Samaritan?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Gerald J Pruckner, 2004. "The fallacy of the Good Samaritan: Volunteering as a weird way of making money," Economics working papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Juan Xi & Matthew Lee & William LeSuer & Peter Barr & Katherine Newton & Margaret Poloma, 2017. "Altruism and Existential Well-Being," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 67-88, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:12:y:1991:i:1:p:71-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .