Asymptotic properties of nonlinear autoregressive Markov processes with state-dependent switching
In this paper, we consider a class of nonlinear autoregressive (AR) processes with state-dependent switching, which are two-component Markov processes. The state-dependent switching model is a nontrivial generalization of Markovian switching formulation and it includes the Markovian switching as a special case. We prove the Feller and strong Feller continuity by means of introducing auxiliary processes and making use of the Radon-Nikodym derivatives. Then, we investigate the geometric ergodicity by the Foster-Lyapunov inequality. Moreover, we establish the V-uniform ergodicity by means of introducing additional auxiliary processes and by virtue of constructing certain order-preserving couplings of the original as well as the auxiliary processes. In addition, illustrative examples are provided for demonstration.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuan, Chenggui & Mao, Xuerong, 2003. "Asymptotic stability in distribution of stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 277-291, February.
- Khasminskii, R.Z. & Zhu, C. & Yin, G., 2007. "Stability of regime-switching diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(8), pages 1037-1051, August.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D., 1996. "Specification testing in Markov-switching time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 127-157, January.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Mao, Xuerong, 1999. "Stability of stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 45-67, January.
- Wu, Liming, 2001. "Large and moderate deviations and exponential convergence for stochastic damping Hamiltonian systems," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Xi, Fubao, 2004. "Stability of a random diffusion with nonlinear drift," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 273-286, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:6:p:1378-1389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.