Does Tax Smoothing Differ by the Level of Government? Time Series Evidence from Canada and the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1986. " U.S. Deficits since World War I," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 195-122.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Sims, Christopher A, 1983. "Nearly Efficient Estimation of Time Series Models with Predetermined, but Not Exogenous, Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 783-798, May.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979.
"On the Determination of the Public Debt,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Scholarly Articles 3451400, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kochin, Levis A. & Benjamin, Daniel K. & Meador, Mark, 1985. "The observational equivalence of rational and irrational consumers if taxation is efficient," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 7, pages 103-125.
- Haug, Alfred A., 1991. "The random walk hypothesis of consumption and time aggregation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 691-700.
- Bizer, David S. & Durlauf, Steven N., 1990. "Testing the positive theory of government finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 123-141, August.
- David S. Bizer & Steven N. Durlauf, 1990. "Testing the Positive Theory of Government Finance," NBER Working Papers 3349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin, Daniel K & Kochin, Levis A, 1982. "A Proposition on Windfalls and Taxes When Some but Not All Resources Are Mobile," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(3), pages 393-404, July.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Robert E. Hall, 1981. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," NBER Working Papers 0720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huang, Chao-Hsi & Lin, Kenneth S., 1993. "Deficits, government expenditures, and tax smoothing in the United States: 1929-1988," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-339, June.
- Durlauf, Steven N., 1991. "Spectral based testing of the martingale hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 355-376, December.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1992. "Spectral Based Testing of the Martingale Hypothesis," NBER Technical Working Papers 0090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sahasakul, Chaipat, 1986. "The U.S. evidence on optimal taxation over time," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 251-275, November.
- John M. Firestone, 1960. "Federal Receipts and Expenditures During Business Cycles, 1879-1958," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fire60-1, Enero-Jun. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)