The U.S. evidence on optimal taxation over time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1981. "Interpreting Economic Time Series," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 213-248, April.
- Mussa, Michael L, 1977. "External and Internal Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Aggregate and Firm Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(174), pages 163-178, May.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Blanchard, Olivier J. & Wyplosz, Charles, 1981.
"An empirical structural model of aggregate demand,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-28.
- Alan S. Blinder & William J. Newton, 1981. "The 1971-1974 Controls Program and The Price Level: An Econometric Post-Mortem," NBER Working Papers 0279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 19-46.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Investment: A q-Theory Approach," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 67-140.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1983. "Dividend taxes, corporate investment, and `Q'," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 135-167.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Barnea, Amir & Haugen, Robert A & Senbet, Lemma W, 1981. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Debt Financing under Costly Tax Arbitrage and Agency Problems," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(3), pages 569-581, June.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982.
"Tobin's Marginal q and Average q: A Neoclassical Interpretation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 213-224, January.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1981. "Tobin's Marginal q and Average a : A Neoclassical Interpretation," Discussion Papers 457, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark & Schmidt, Timothy J., 1996.
"The marginal income tax rate schedule from 1930 to 1990,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 117-138, August.
- Craig S. Hakkio & Mark Rush & Timothy J. Schmidt, 1993. "The marginal income tax rate schedule from 1930 to 1990," Research Working Paper 93-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Luo, Yulei & Nie, Jun & Young, Eric R., 2014.
"Model uncertainty and intertemporal tax smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 289-314.
- Yulei Luo & Jun Nie & Eric R. Young, 2012. "Model uncertainty and intertemporal tax smoothing," Research Working Paper RWP 12-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Luo, Yulei & Nie, Jun & Young, Eric, 2014. "Model Uncertainty and Intertemporal Tax Smoothing," MPRA Paper 54268, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2003.
"Temporal Aggregation, Causality Distortions, and a Sign Rule,"
Departmental Working Papers
wp0406, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2004. "Temporal aggregation, causality distortions and a sign rule," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 73, Econometric Society.
- Maria Cornachione Kula, 2004. "U.S. States, the Medicaid Program, and Tax Smoothing," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 490-511, January.
- Cashin, P. & Haque, N. & Olekalns, N., 1999. "Spend Now, Pay Later? Tax Smoothing & Fiscal Sustainability in South Asia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 700, The University of Melbourne.
- Kiley, Michael T., 1998. "Predicting Tax Rate Changes: Insights from the Permanent Income Hypothesis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 153-167.
- Ananda Jayawickrama & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2013. "The experience of some OECD economies on tax smoothing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(16), pages 2305-2313, June.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner & Silika Prohl, 2008. "Sustainability of Swiss Fiscal Policy," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(I), pages 57-83, March.
- Taner Turan & Mesut Karakas & Halit Yanikkaya, 2014.
"Tax Smoothing Hypothesis: A Turkish Case,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, pages 487-501.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Oguz Oztunali, 2013. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for the Informal Sector of Turkey (1950-2009)," Working Papers 2013/05, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Strazicich, Mark C., 1997. "Does Tax Smoothing Differ by the Level of Government? Time Series Evidence from Canada and the United States," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 305-326.
- Gerhard Reitschuler, 2010. "Fiscal Policy And Optimal Taxation: Evidence From A Tax Smoothing Exercise," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(2), pages 238-252, May.
- Mark Strazicich, 2002. "International evidence of tax smoothing in a panel of industrial countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2325-2331.
- Dole, C. A., 2000. "Optimal Taxation and the Stationarity of State Tax Rates," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 515-531.
- Ihtsham Padda, 2014. "On minimizing the welfare cost of fiscal policy: evidence from South Asia," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 1553-1572.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:18:y:1986:i:3:p:251-275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.