Foreign direct investment: The human dimension
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 1999. "Home Bias at Home: Local Equity Preference in Domestic Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2045-2073, December.
- J. Weinblatt & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980. "A Model of Firms' Decisions to Export or Produce Abroad," NBER Working Papers 0511, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Gould, David M, 1994. "Immigrant Links to the Home Country: Empirical Implications for U.S. Bilateral Trade Flows," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 302-316, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salike, Nimesh, 2016. "Role of human capital on regional distribution of FDI in China: New evidences," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 66-84.
- Toshihiro Okubo, 2004. "Intra-industry Trade and Production Networks," IHEID Working Papers 13-2004, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Sang Rim Choi & Daekeun Park & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2016.
"Banks and the World’s Major Banking Centers, 2010,"
Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 275-291, June.
- Celine Azemar & Julia Darby & Rodolphe Desbordes & Ian Wooton, 2012.
"Market Familiarity and the Location of South and North MNEs,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 307-345, November.
- Azemar, Celine & Darby, Julia & Desbordes, Rodolphe & Wooton, Ian, 2012. "Market Familiarity and the Location of South and North MNEs," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-15, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Celine Azemar & Julia Darby & Rodolphe Desbordes & Ian Wooton, 2012. "Market familiarity and the location of South and North MNEs," Working Papers 2012_05, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Konara, Palitha, 2020. "The role of language connectedness in reducing home bias in trade, investment, information, and people flows," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Martin Gassebner & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2010. "Where do Creditor Rights Matter? Creditor Rights, Political Constraints, and Cross-Border M&A Activity," Working Papers CEB 10-019.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kyoji Fukao; Toshihiro Okubo, 2004. "Why Has the Border Effect in the Japanese Market Declined?," IHEID Working Papers 12-2004, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2008. "Italian Diaspora and Foreign Direct Investment: A Cliometric Perspective," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 013, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ning Jia, 2017. "Diversification of pre-IPO ownership and foreign IPO performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1031-1061, May.
- Ho, Woon-Yee & Wang, Peiming & Alba, Joseph D., 2009. "Merger and acquisition FDI, relative wealth and relative access to bank credit: Evidence from a bivariate zero-inflated count model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 26-30, January.
- Etzo, Ivan & Takaoka, Sumiko, 2016. "The impact of migrants on the cross-border M&A: Some evidence for Japan," MPRA Paper 71558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kasuga, Hidefumi, 2003. "Capital market imperfections and forms of foreign operations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1043-1064, September.
- Takaoka, Sumiko & Etzo, Ivan, 2019. "International human capital mobility and FDI: Evidence from G20 countries," MPRA Paper 96746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Lipworth, Gabrielle, 1998.
"Japanese foreign direct investment and regional trade,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 581-607.
- Gabrielle Lipworth & Tamim Bayoumi, 1997. "Japanese Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Trade," IMF Working Papers 1997/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Shetty, Anand & Manley, John & Kyaw, Nyonyo, 2019. "The impact of exchange rate movements on mergers and acquisitions FDI," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 52.
- Klein, Michael W. & Rosengren, Eric, 1994.
"The real exchange rate and foreign direct investment in the United States : Relative wealth vs. relative wage effects,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 373-389, May.
- Michael W. Klein & Eric S. Rosengren, 1992. "The real exchange rate and foreign direct investment in the United States: relative wealth vs. relative wage effects," Working Papers 92-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Michael W. Klein & Eric Rosengren, 1992. "The Real Exchange Rate and Foreign Direct Investment in the United States: Relative Wealth vs. Relative Wage Effects," NBER Working Papers 4192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fang Cai & Francis E. Warnock, 2004.
"International diversification at home and abroad,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
793, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fang Cai & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "International Diversification at Home and Abroad," NBER Working Papers 12220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cai, Fang & Warnock, Francis E., 2005. "International diversification at home and abroad," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,06, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Cai, Fang & Warnock, Francis E., 2005. "International Diversification at Home and Abroad," Kiel Working Papers 1246, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Forssbæck , Jens & Oxelheim, Lars, 2008. "Financial Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Working Paper Series 741, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Moshfique Uddin & Agyenim Boateng, 2009. "An analysis of short-run performance of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: Evidence from the UK acquiring firms," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 431-453, October.
- Qian, Gongming, 1996. "The effect of multinationality measures upon the risk-return performance of US firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 247-265, June.
- Marie-Ange VEGANZONES-VAROUDAKIS & SEKKAT, 2004.
"Trade and Foreign Exchange Liberalization,Investment Climate, and FDI in the MENA Countries,"
- Khalid Sekkat & Marie-Ange Veganzones, 2004. "Trade and foreign exchange liberalization, investment climate and FDI in the MENA countries," Working Papers CEB 04-023.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ni, Shawn & Ratti, Ronald A., 2009.
"Heterogeneous parameter uncertainty and the timing of investment during crisis,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-22.
- Ni, Shawn & Ratti, Ronald A., 2009. "Heterogeneous Parameter Uncertainty and the Timing of Investment during Crisis," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-12, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Daude, Christian & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2008.
"The pecking order of cross-border investment,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 94-119, January.
- Christian Daude & Marcel Fratzscher, 2007. "The pecking order of cross-border investment," CGFS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Research on global financial stability: the use of BIS international financial statistics, volume 29, pages 53-89, Bank for International Settlements.
- Forssbæck, Jens & Oxelheim, Lars, 2011. "Corporate financial determinants of foreign direct investment," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 269-282, June.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew & Liao, Rose C., 2017. "State capitalism's global reach: Evidence from foreign acquisitions by state-owned companies," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 367-391.
- Doukas, John, 1995. "Overinvestment, Tobin's q and gains from foreign acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1285-1303, October.
- De Maeseneire, Wouter & Claeys, Tine, 2012. "SMEs, foreign direct investment and financial constraints: The case of Belgium," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 408-424.
- Fee, C. Edward & Hadlock, Charles J. & Pierce, Joshua R., 2012. "What happens in acquisitions?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 584-597.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:24:y:2005:i:6:p:913-934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.