Does FHA Increase Home Ownership or Just Accelerate It?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerry D. Vandell, 1995. "FHA Restructuring Proposals: Alternatives and Implications," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 95-09, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Donald R. Haurin & Susan M. Wachter & Patric H. Hendershott, 1995. "Wealth Accumulation and Housing Choices of Young Households: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 5070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca M. Blank & Patricia Ruggles, 1993. "When Do Women Use AFDC & Food Stamps? The Dynamics of Eligibility vs. Participation," NBER Working Papers 4429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William C. LaFayette & Donald R. Haurin & Patric H. Hendershott, 1995. "Endogenous Mortgage Choice, Borrowing Constraints and the Tenure Decision," NBER Working Papers 5074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn B. Canner & Wayne Passmore & Monisha Mittal, 1994. "Private mortgage insurance," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Oct, pages 883-899.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Ong, Rachel & Wood, Gavin A. & Flatau, Paul, 2009. "Marital history and home ownership: Evidence from Australia," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-24, March.
- Ron J. Feldman, 2002. "Mortgage rates, homeownership rates, and government-sponsored enterprises," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 4-23.
- Ambrose, Brent W. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony & Yezer, Anthony M., 2002. "Credit Rationing in the U.S. Mortgage Market: Evidence from Variation in FHA Market Shares," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 272-294, March.
- Calem, Paul S. & Firestone, Simon & Wachter, Susan M., 2010. "Credit impairment and housing tenure status," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 219-232, September.
- Onder, Zeynep, 2002. "Homeownership and FHA Mortgage Activity in Neighborhoods and Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-181, June.
- Daniel K. Fetter, 2013.
"How Do Mortgage Subsidies Affect Home Ownership? Evidence from the Mid-century GI Bills,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 111-147, May.
- Daniel K. Fetter, 2011. "How Do Mortgage Subsidies Affect Home Ownership? Evidence from the Mid-century GI Bills," NBER Working Papers 17166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Quigley, 2006.
"Federal credit and insurance programs: housing,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 281-310.
- Quigley, John M., 2006. "Federal Credit and Insurance Programs: Housing," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt41d5k3bd, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Xudong An & Raphael Bostic, 2008.
"GSE Activity, FHA Feedback, and Implications for the Efficacy of the Affordable Housing Goals,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 207-231, February.
- Xudong An & Raphael W. Bostic, 2006. "GSE Activity, FHA Feedback, and Implications for the Efficacy of the Affordable Housing Goals," Working Paper 8573, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Price V. Fishback & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & William C. Horrace & Shawn Kantor & Jaret Treber, 2011.
"The Influence of the Home Owners' Loan Corporation on Housing Markets During the 1930s,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1782-1813.
- Price V. Fishback & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & William Horrace & Shawn E. Kantor & Jaret Treber, 2010. "The Influence of the Home Owners' Loan Corporation on Housing Markets During the 1930s," NBER Working Papers 15824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob L. Vigdor, 2004. "Liquidity Constraints and Housing Prices: Theory and Evidence from the VA Mortgage," NBER Working Papers 10611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brent Smith, 2012. "Lending Through the Cycle: The Federal Housing Administration’s Evolving Risk in the Primary Market," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 40(3), pages 253-271, September.
- Vigdor, Jacob L., 2006. "Liquidity constraints and housing prices: Theory and evidence from the VA Mortgage Program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1579-1600, September.
- Paul K. Asabere & Forrest Huffman, 2008. "FHA/VA Financing and Price Discounts," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 30(2), pages 191-206.
- Ambrose, Brent W. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony, 2000. "Local economic risk factors and the primary and secondary mortgage markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 683-701, December.
- Bree Lang & Ellen Hurst, 2014. "The Effect of Down Payment Assistance on Mortgage Choice," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 329-351, October.
- Olsen, Edgar O. & Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2015. "US Housing Policy," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:6:y:1997:i:2:p:184-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.