Are There Tax Arbitrage Opportunities in Private Rental Housing Markets?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patric H. Hendershott & David C. Ling, 1984.
"Prospective Changes in Tax Law and the Value of Depreciable Real Estate,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 12(3), pages 297-317.
- Patric H. Hendershott & David C. Ling, 1984. "Prospective Changes in Tax Law and the Value of Depreciable Real Estate," NBER Working Papers 1352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Titman, Sheridan D, 1982. " The Effects of Anticipated Inflation on Housing Market Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 827-42, June.
- Nordvik, Viggo, 2000. "Tenure flexibility and the supply of private rental housing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 59-76, January.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990.
"Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment,"
3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Kiefer, D M, 1978. "The Equity of Alternative Policies for the Australian Homeowner," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 54(145), pages 127-39, April.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1997.
"Capital-Market Imperfections and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
5996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anstie, Roslyn & Findlay, Christopher & Harper, Ian, 1983. "The Impact of Inflation and Taxation on Tenure Choice and the Redistributive Effects of Home-Mortgage Interest Rate Regulation," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(165), pages 105-10, June.
- David C. Ling, 1992. "Real Estate Values, Federal Income Taxation, and the Importance of Local Market Conditions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 125-139.
- Litzenberger, Robert H & Sosin, Howard B, 1978. "Taxation and the Incidence of Homeownership across Income Groups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 947-61, June.
- William B. Brueggeman & Jeffrey D. Fisher & Jerrold J. Stern, 1982. "Rental Housing and the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981," Public Finance Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 222-241, April.
- Narwold, Andrew, 1992. "The distribution of the benefits of tax arbitrage in the housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 367-376, November.
- Roger H. Gordon & James R. Hines, Jr. & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987.
"Notes on the Tax Treatment of Structures,"
in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 223-258
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Fisher & George H. Lentz, 1986. "Tax Reform and the Value of Real Estate Income Property," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 287-315.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- James R. Follain & David C. Ling, 1988. "Another Look at Tenure Choice, Inflation, and Taxes," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(3), pages 207-229.
- Wood, Gavin A, 1996. "The Contribution of Selling Costs and Local and State Government Taxes to Home Buyers' User Cost-of-Capital," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(66), pages 60-73, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:10:y:2001:i:1:p:1-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.