Why do transplant surgeons turn down organs?: A model of the accept/reject decision
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rust, John, 1987. "Optimal Replacement of GMC Bus Engines: An Empirical Model of Harold Zurcher," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 999-1033, September.
- Jae-Hyeon Ahn & John C. Hornberger, 1996. "Involving Patients in the Cadaveric Kidney Transplant Allocation Process: A Decision-Theoretic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 629-641, May.
- Byrne, Margaret M. & Thompson, Peter, 2001. "A positive analysis of financial incentives for cadaveric organ donation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Thorne, Emanuel D, 1996. "The Cost of Procuring Market-Inalienable Human Organs," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 191-200, September.
- Barnett, A H & Kaserman, David L, 1995. "The "Rush to Transplant" and Organ Shortages," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(3), pages 506-515, July.
- Julie Ratcliffe, 2000. "Public preferences for the allocation of donor liver grafts for transplantation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 137-148.
- Israel David & Uri Yechiali, 1985. "A Time-dependent Stopping Problem with Application to Live Organ Transplants," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 491-504, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David H. Howard, 2007. "Producing Organ Donors," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 25-36, Summer.
- Oguzhan Alagoz & Lisa M. Maillart & Andrew J. Schaefer & Mark S. Roberts, 2004. "The Optimal Timing of Living-Donor Liver Transplantation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1420-1430, October.
- Paarsch, Harry J. & Segre, Alberto M. & Roberts, John P. & Halldorson, Jeffrey B., 2011.
"Competition and Post-Transplant Outcomes in Cadaveric Liver Transplantation under the MELD Scoring System,"
CIS Discussion paper series
522, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Harry J. Paarsch & Alberto M. Segre & John P. Roberts & Jeffrey B. Halldorson, 2011. "Competition and Post-Transplant Outcomes in Cadaveric Liver Transplantation under the MELD Scoring System," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 213, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Oguzhan Alagoz & Lisa M. Maillart & Andrew J. Schaefer & Mark S. Roberts, 2007. "Choosing Among Living-Donor and Cadaveric Livers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(11), pages 1702-1715, November.
- Jose M. Fernandez & David H. Howard & Lisa Stohr Kroese, 2013. "The Effect Of Cadaveric Kidney Donations On Living Kidney Donations: An Instrumental Variables Approach," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(3), pages 1696-1714, July.
- Sang-Phil Kim & Diwakar Gupta & Ajay Israni & Bertram Kasiske, 2015. "Accept/decline decision module for the liver simulated allocation model," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 35-57, March.
- Levy, Amnon, 2005.
"A decision-rule for transplanting non-cadaveric organs,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 548-554, July.
- Levy, Amnon, 2003. "A Decision Rule for Transplanting Non-Cadaveric Organs," Economics Working Papers wp03-13, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0100-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xuanming Su & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2006. "Recipient Choice Can Address the Efficiency-Equity Trade-off in Kidney Transplantation: A Mechanism Design Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(11), pages 1647-1660, November.
- Murat Kurt & Mark S. Roberts & Andrew J. Schaefer & M. Utku Ünver, 2011. "Valuing Prearranged Paired Kidney Exchanges: A Stochastic Game Approach," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 785, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Oct 2011.
- Ouayogodé, Mariétou H., 2016. "Effectiveness of weight loss intervention in highly-motivated people," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 263-282.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:21:y:2002:i:6:p:957-969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .