Recipient Choice Can Address the Efficiency-Equity Trade-off in Kidney Transplantation: A Mechanism Design Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Israel David & Uri Yechiali, 1985. "A Time-dependent Stopping Problem with Application to Live Organ Transplants," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 491-504, June.
- Howard, David H., 2002. "Why do transplant surgeons turn down organs?: A model of the accept/reject decision," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 957-969, November.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Philippe Chone, 1998. "Ironing, Sweeping, and Multidimensional Screening," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 783-826, July.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
- Jae-Hyeon Ahn & John C. Hornberger, 1996. "Involving Patients in the Cadaveric Kidney Transplant Allocation Process: A Decision-Theoretic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 629-641, May.
- Oliver D. Hart, 1983. "Optimal Labour Contracts under Asymmetric Information: An Introduction," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 3-35.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houyuan Jiang & Zhan Pang & Sergei Savin, 2012. "Performance-Based Contracts for Outpatient Medical Services," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 654-669, October.
- Monali Malvankar-Mehta & Bin Xie, 2012. "Optimal incentives for allocating HIV/AIDS prevention resources among multiple populations," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 327-338, December.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P., 2010. "Might randomization in queue discipline be useful when waiting cost is a concave function of waiting time?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 19-24, March.
- Bendersky, Michael & David, Israel, 2016. "Deciding kidney-offer admissibility dependent on patients’ lifetime failure rate," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(2), pages 686-693.
- Sang-Hyun Kim & Morris A. Cohen & Serguei Netessine, 2007. "Performance Contracting in After-Sales Service Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(12), pages 1843-1858, December.
- Dimitris Bertsimas & Vivek F. Farias & Nikolaos Trichakis, 2012. "On the Efficiency-Fairness Trade-off," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(12), pages 2234-2250, December.
- Nicoló, Antonio & Rodríguez-Álvarez, Carmelo, 2012. "Transplant quality and patientsʼ preferences in paired kidney exchange," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 299-310.
More about this item
Keywordskidney allocation; efficiency-equity trade-off; mechanism design; hidden information; achievable regions; fluid queues;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:11:p:1647-1660. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .