Patient Choice in Kidney Allocation: The Role of the Queueing Discipline
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Peter C. & van Ackere, Ann, 2002. "A note on the integration of system dynamics and economic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Colin E. Bell & Shaler Stidham, Jr., 1983. "Individual versus Social Optimization in the Allocation of Customers to Alternative Servers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 831-839, July.
- Naor, P, 1969. "The Regulation of Queue Size by Levying Tolls," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 15-24, January.
- Edward H. Kaplan, 1987. "Analyzing Tenant Assignment Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 395-408, March.
- Iversen, Tor, 1997. "The effect of a private sector on the waiting time in a national health service," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 381-396, August.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2000. "Price and Service Discrimination in Queuing Systems: Incentive Compatibility of Gc\mu Scheduling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(9), pages 1249-1267, September.
- Roger Feldman & Felix Lobo, 1997. "Global Budgets and Excess Demand for Hospital Care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 187-196.
- Hassin, Refael, 1985. "On the Optimality of First Come Last Served Queues," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 201-202, January.
- A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), 2000. "Handbook of Health Economics," Handbook of Health Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1, 00.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caulkins, Jonathan P., 2010. "Might randomization in queue discipline be useful when waiting cost is a concave function of waiting time?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 19-24, March.
- Bendersky, Michael & David, Israel, 2016. "Deciding kidney-offer admissibility dependent on patients’ lifetime failure rate," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(2), pages 686-693.
- Juanjuan Zhang, 2010. "The Sound of Silence: Observational Learning in the U.S. Kidney Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 315-335, 03-04.
- Francis Bloch & David Cantala, 2017. "Dynamic Assignment of Objects to Queuing Agents," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 88-122, February.
- Fermín Mallor & Cristina Azcárate & Julio Barado, 2015. "Optimal control of ICU patient discharge: from theory to implementation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 234-250, September.
- Murat Kurt & Mark S. Roberts & Andrew J. Schaefer & M. Utku Ünver, 2011. "Valuing Prearranged Paired Kidney Exchanges: A Stochastic Game Approach," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 785, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Oct 2011.
- R. K. Jha & B. S. Sahay & P. Charan, 2016. "Healthcare operations management: a structured literature review," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(3), pages 259-279, September.
- Senthil Veeraraghavan & Laurens Debo, 2009. "Joining Longer Queues: Information Externalities in Queue Choice," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 543-562, April.
- Dimitris Bertsimas & Vivek F. Farias & Nikolaos Trichakis, 2012. "On the Efficiency-Fairness Trade-off," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(12), pages 2234-2250, December.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:1:p:169-177 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordskidney allocation; queues; priority; last-come-last-served; stochastic games; efficiency-equity trade-off;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:6:y:2004:i:4:p:280-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.