The Optimal Timing of Living-Donor Liver Transplantation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Mingchih & Feldman, Richard M., 1997. "Optimal replacement policies with minimal repair and age-dependent costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 75-84, April.
- Howard, David H., 2002. "Why do transplant surgeons turn down organs?: A model of the accept/reject decision," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 957-969, November.
- Howard J. Weiss, 1979. "The Computation of Optimal Control Limits for a Queue with Batch Services," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 320-328, April.
- Chew, Soo Hong & Ho, Joanna L, 1994. "Hope: An Empirical Study of Attitude toward the Timing of Uncertainty Resolution," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 267-288, May.
- Jae-Hyeon Ahn & John C. Hornberger, 1996. "Involving Patients in the Cadaveric Kidney Transplant Allocation Process: A Decision-Theoretic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 629-641, May.
- Cyrus Derman, 1963. "Optimal Replacement and Maintenance Under Markovian Deterioration with Probability Bounds on Failure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 478-481, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P., 2010. "Might randomization in queue discipline be useful when waiting cost is a concave function of waiting time?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 19-24, March.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1057_s41274-017-0219-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paarsch, Harry J. & Segre, Alberto M. & Roberts, John P. & Halldorson, Jeffrey B., 2011.
"Competition and Post-Transplant Outcomes in Cadaveric Liver Transplantation under the MELD Scoring System,"
CIS Discussion paper series
522, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Harry J. Paarsch & Alberto M. Segre & John P. Roberts & Jeffrey B. Halldorson, 2011. "Competition and Post-Transplant Outcomes in Cadaveric Liver Transplantation under the MELD Scoring System," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 213, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Mason, J.E. & Denton, B.T. & Shah, N.D. & Smith, S.A., 2014. "Optimizing the simultaneous management of blood pressure and cholesterol for type 2 diabetes patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 727-738.
- Oguzhan Alagoz & Lisa M. Maillart & Andrew J. Schaefer & Mark S. Roberts, 2007. "Choosing Among Living-Donor and Cadaveric Livers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(11), pages 1702-1715, November.
- Jingyu Zhang & Brian T. Denton & Hari Balasubramanian & Nilay D. Shah & Brant A. Inman, 2012. "Optimization of Prostate Biopsy Referral Decisions," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 529-547, October.
- Ching-Feng Lin & Aera LeBoulluec & Li Zeng & Victoria Chen & Robert Gatchel, 2014. "A decision-making framework for adaptive pain management," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 270-283, September.
- Kang, Yuncheol & Sawyer, Amy M. & Griffin, Paul M. & Prabhu, Vittaldas V., 2016. "Modelling adherence behaviour for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(3), pages 1005-1013.
- Nan Kong & Andrew J. Schaefer & Brady Hunsaker & Mark S. Roberts, 2010. "Maximizing the Efficiency of the U.S. Liver Allocation System Through Region Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(12), pages 2111-2122, December.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10729-015-9347-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Baruch Keren & Joseph Pliskin, 2011. "Optimal timing of joint replacement using mathematical programming and stochastic programming models," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 361-369, November.
More about this item
Keywordsmedical decision making; Markov decision processes; control-limit policy; organ transplantation; liver transplantation; service operations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:50:y:2004:i:10:p:1420-1430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .