The real threat to GM crops in poor countries: consumer and policy resistance to GM foods in rich countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paarlberg, Robert L. (ed.), 2001. "The politics of precaution: Genetically modified crops in developing countries," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number 0-8018-6823-8, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Mevel, Simon & Bouet, Antoine, 2007.
"Genetically Modified Rice, International Trade, and First-Mover Advantage: The Case of India and China,"
2007: China's Agricultural Trade: Issues and Prospects Symposium, July 2007, Beijing, China
55032, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Antoine Bouët & Guillaume Gruere & Simon Mevel, 2009. "Genetically Modified Rice, International Trade, and First-Mover Advantage: The Case of India and China," Post-Print hal-01881878, HAL.
- Hans D. Steur & Jeroen Buysse & Shuyi Feng & Xavier Gellynck, 2013. "Role of Information on Consumers’ Willingness-to-pay for Genetically-modified Rice with Health Benefits: An Application to China," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 391-408, December.
- Martinez-Poveda, Africa & Molla-Bauza, Margarita Brugarolas & del Campo Gomis, Francisco Jose & Martinez, Laura Martinez-Carrasco, 2009. "Consumer-perceived risk model for the introduction of genetically modified food in Spain," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 519-528, December.
- Hall, Clare & Toma, Luiza & Moran, Dominic, 2009. "Investigation of the factors influencing adoption of GM crops at country level," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50366, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jin, Hyun Joung, 2008. "Changes in South Korean consumers' preferences for meat," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 74-84, February.
- Bett, Charles & Ouma, James Okuro & Groote, Hugo De, 2010. "Perspectives of gatekeepers in the Kenyan food industry towards genetically modified food," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 332-340, August.
- Knight, John G. & Mather, Damien W. & Holdsworth, David K., 2005. "Impact of genetic modification on country image of imported food products in European markets: Perceptions of channel members," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 385-398, August.
- Gruère, Guillaume & Sengupta, Debdatta, 2009.
"GM-free private standards and their effects on biosafety decision-making in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 399-406, October.
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Sengupta, Debdatta, 2009. "GM-free private standards and their effects on biosafety decision-making in developing countries," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51334, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Antonopoulou, Lina & Papadas, Christos T. & Targoutzidis, Antonis, 2009. "The Impact Of Socio-Demographic Factors And Political Perceptions On Consumer Attitudes Towards Genetically Modified Foods: An Econometric Investigation," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), pages 1-15.
- De Groote, Hugo & Gitonga, Zachary & Kimenju, Simon & Keter, Fredric & Ngigi, Obadiah, 2015. "But what do rural consumers in Africa think about GM food?," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211565, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Johns, Timothy & Eyzaguirre, Pablo B., 2007. "Biofortification, biodiversity and diet: A search for complementary applications against poverty and malnutrition," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Simon M. Outram, 2010. "Science communication in Sub-Saharan AFrica: The case of GMOs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 341-351.
- Henseler, Martin & Piot-Lepetit, Isabelle & Ferrari, Emanuele & Mellado, Aida Gonzalez & Banse, Martin & Grethe, Harald & Parisi, Claudia & Hélaine, Sophie, 2013. "On the asynchronous approvals of GM crops: Potential market impacts of a trade disruption of EU soy imports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 166-176.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:27:y:2002:i:3:p:247-250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.