Institutional cross-holdings and their effect on acquisition decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradley, Michael & Desai, Anand & Kim, E. Han, 1988. "Synergistic gains from corporate acquisitions and their division between the stockholders of target and acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 3-40, May.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, 2001.
"Institutional Investors and Equity Prices,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 229-259.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, "undated". "Institutional Investors and Equity Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, 1998. "Institutional Investors and Equity Prices," NBER Working Papers 6723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matvos, Gregor & Ostrovsky, Michael, 2008. "Cross-ownership, returns, and voting in mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 391-403, September.
- Hansen, Robert G. & Lott, John R., 1996. "Externalities and Corporate Objectives in a World with Diversified Shareholder/Consumers," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 43-68, March.
- Palepu, Krishna G., 1986. "Predicting takeover targets : A methodological and empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-35, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy & Rossi, Marco, 2016. "Dual ownership, returns, and voting in mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 58-80.
- Dirk Jenter & Katharina Lewellen, 2015.
"CEO Preferences and Acquisitions,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 70(6), pages 2813-2852, December.
- Dirk Jenter & Katharina Lewellen, 2011. "CEO Preferences and Acquisitions," NBER Working Papers 17663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenter, Dirk & Lewellen, Katharina, 2011. "CEO Preferences and Acquisitions," Research Papers 2089, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Dirk Jenter & Katharina Lewellen, 2011. "CEO Preferences and Acquisitions," CESifo Working Paper Series 3681, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Becht & Andrea Polo & Stefano Rossi, 2016.
"Does Mandatory Shareholder Voting Prevent Bad Acquisitions?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(11), pages 3035-3067.
- Becht, Marco & Polo, Andrea & Rossi, Stefano, 2015. "Does Mandatory Shareholder Voting Prevent Bad Acquisitions?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:jfinin:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:77-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edmans, Alex & Levit, Doron & Reilly, Devin, 2014. "Governance and Comovement Under Common Ownership," CEPR Discussion Papers 10119, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Bo & Ivashina, Victoria, 2016. "Covenant-Light Contracts And Creditor Coordination," Working Paper Series 325, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Eckbo, B Espen & Makaew, Tanakorn & Thorburn, Karin S, 2017. "Are stock-financed takeovers opportunistic?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heng GENG & Harald HAU & Sandy LAI, 2015. "Technological Progress and Ownership Structure," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-39, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Azar, José & Schmalz, Martin & Tecu, Isabel, 2017. "Anti-Competitive Effects of Common Ownership," IESE Research Papers D/1169, IESE Business School.
- Hong Zhu & Qi Zhu, 2016. "Mergers and acquisitions by Chinese firms: A review and comparison with other mergers and acquisitions research in the leading journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1107-1149, December.
- Fich, Eliezer M. & Harford, Jarrad & Tran, Anh L., 2015. "Motivated monitors: The importance of institutional investors׳ portfolio weights," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 21-48.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-holdings Institutional investors Mergers and acquisitions Shareholder preferences Value-reducing acquisitions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:99:y:2011:i:1:p:27-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.