Dynamic Allocation in an Altruistic Overlapping Generations Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1988. "Altruism and Time Consistency: The Economics of Fait Accompli," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1165-1182, December.
- Hori, Hajime, 1992. "Utility functionals with nonpaternalistic intergenerational altruism: The case where altruism extends to many generations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 451-467, April.
- Wolfgang Leininger, 1986. "The Existence of Perfect Equilibria in a Model of Growth with Altruism between Generations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 349-367.
- Kohlberg, Elon, 1976. "A model of economic growth with altruism between generations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Hansson, Ingemar & Stuart, Charles, 1989. "Social Security as Trade among Living Generations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1182-1195, December.
- Ray, Debraj, 1987. "Nonpaternalistic intergenerational altruism," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 112-132, February.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Debraj Ray, 1987. "Economic Growth with Intergenerational Altruism," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 227-243.
- Lane, John & Mitra, Tapan, 1981. "On Nash Equilibrium Programs of Capital Accumulation under Altruistic Preferences," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(2), pages 309-331, June.
- Hori, Hajime & Kanaya, Sadao, 1989. "Utility functionals with nonpaternalistic intergenerational altruism," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 241-265, December.
- E. S. Phelps & R. A. Pollak, 1968. "On Second-Best National Saving and Game-Equilibrium Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 185-199.
- Harris, Christopher J, 1985. "Existence and Characterization of Perfect Equilibrium in Games of Perfect Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 613-628, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaśkiewicz, Anna & Nowak, Andrzej S., 2014. "Stationary Markov perfect equilibria in risk sensitive stochastic overlapping generations models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 411-447.
- Aoki, Takaaki, 2013. "Some Mathematical Properties of the Dynamically Inconsistent Bellman Equation: A Note on the Two-sided Altruism Dynamics," MPRA Paper 44994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hamada, Kojun & Yanagihara, Mitsuyoshi, 2016. "Intergenerational altruism and the transfer paradox in an overlapping generations model," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 161-167.
- repec:spr:joevec:v:27:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s00191-017-0519-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco M. Gonzalez & Itziar Lazkano & Sjak A. Smulders, 2014. "Second-best national saving and growth with intergenerational disagreement," Working Papers 1403, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Jason Shogren, 2002. "Valuing Indirect Effects From Environmental Hazards On A Child’s Life Chances," NCEE Working Paper Series 200209, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Sep 2002.
- Francisco M. Gonzalez & Itziar Lazkano & Sjak A. Smulders, 2015. "Future-biased government," Working Papers 1502, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2015.
- Lorz, Jens Oliver, 1999. "Intergenerational redistribution with asymmetric information: The case of non-observable savings," Kiel Working Papers 918, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lorz, Jens Oliver, 1999. "Social security and redistribution within generations in an overlapping generations model," Kiel Working Papers 957, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kunio Tsuyuhara, 2014. "A Welfare Analysis of Child Labor Restriction: Intergenerational Perspectives," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 15-33, September.
- Breton, Michele & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Desire, 2003. "Dynamic production teams with strategic behavior," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 875-905, March.
- Jason F. Shogren, 2001. "Children And The Environment: Valuing Indirect Effects On A Child'S Life Chances," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 382-396, October.
- Lorz, Jens Oliver, 1999. "The political economy of intra- and intergenerational redistribution with asymmetric information," Kiel Working Papers 904, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lines, Marji, 2001. "The dynamics of capital accumulation in an overlapping generations model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 75-89, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:73:y:1997:i:2:p:292-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.