Dynamic common agency
We consider a general model of dynamic common agency with symmetric information. We focus on Markov perfect equilibria and characterize the equilibrium set for a refinement of the Markov perfect equilibria. Particular attention is given to the existence of a marginal contribution equilibrium where each principal receives her contribution to the coalition of agent and remaining principals. The structure of the intertemporal payoffs is analyzed in terms of the flow marginal contribution. As a byproduct, new results for the static common agency game are obtained. The general characterization results are then applied to two dynamic bidding games for a common agent: (i) multi-task allocation and (ii) job matching under uncertainty.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Whinston, Michael D, 1986. "Common Agency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 923-942, July.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1993.
"Trade Wars and Trade Talks,"
1-93, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1995. "Trade Wars and Trade Talks," Scholarly Articles 3450062, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Trade Wars and Trade Talks," Papers 163, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "Trade Wars and Trade Talks," NBER Working Papers 4280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Trade Wars and Trade Talks," CEPR Discussion Papers 806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Markov Perfect Equilibrium, I: Observable Actions,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1799, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Avinash Dixit, 1996. "Special-Interest Lobbying and Endogenous Commodity Taxation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 375-388, Fall.
- Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel, 2001.
"Conflict and Cooperation: The Structure of Equilibrium Payoffs in Common Agency,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 93-128, September.
- LAUSSEL, Didier & LE BRETON, Michel, "undated". "Conflict and cooperation. The structure of equilibrium payoffs in common agency," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1519, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Menu Auctions, Resource Allocation, and Economic Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 1-31.
- Martimort, D., 1992.
"Exclusive Dealing, Common Agency and Multiprincipals Incentive Thoery,"
92.278, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- David Martimort, 1996. "Exclusive Dealing, Common Agency, and Multiprincipals Incentive Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- Martimort, David, 1994. "Exclusive Dealing, Common Agency and Multiprincipals Incentive Theory," IDEI Working Papers 43, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 1996.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick, 1987. "Contracts as a Barrier to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 388-401, June.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 1996.
"Learning and Strategic Pricing,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1113, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel, 1996. "Complements and substitutes in common agency," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 325-345, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:111:y:2003:i:1:p:23-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.