Private vs. public regulation: political economy of the international environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Anthony Heyes and John Maxwell, 2003. "Private vs. Public Regulation: Political Economy of the International Environment," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 03/5, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tracy R. Lewis, 1996. "Protecting the Environment When Costs and Benefits Are Privately Known," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 819-847, Winter.
- Lyon, Thomas P. & Maxwell, John W., 2003. "Self-regulation, taxation and public voluntary environmental agreements," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1453-1486, August.
- Heyes, Anthony G., 1997. "Environmental Regulation by Private Contest," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 407-428, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- H. Eggert & M. Greaker, 2011. "Trade, GMOs and Environmental Risk: Are Current Policies Likely to Improve Welfare?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(4), pages 587-608, April.
- Eftichios Sartzetakis & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Emmanuel Petrakis, "undated".
"The role of information provision as a policy instrument to supplement environmental taxes: Empowering consumers to choose optimally,"
DEOS Working Papers
1012, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Eftichios S. Sartzetakis & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2009. "The role of information provision as a policy instrument to supplement environmental taxes: Empowering consumers to choose optimally," Discussion Paper Series 2009_02, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Eftichios S. Sartzetakis & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2009. "The Role of Information Provision as a Policy Instrument to Supplement Environmental Taxes: Empowering Consumers to Choose Optimally," Working Papers 2009.46, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sartzetakis, Eftichis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2008. "The role of information provision as a policy instrument to supplement environmental taxes: Empowering consumers to choose optimally," MPRA Paper 12083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van't Veld, Klaas & Kotchen, Matthew J., 2011. "Green clubs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 309-322.
- Olivier Bonroy & Christos Constantatos, 2015.
"On the Economics of Labels: How Their Introduction Affects the Functioning of Markets and the Welfare of All Participants,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(1), pages 239-259.
- Bonroy, O. & Constantatos, C., 2014. "On the economics of labels : how their introduction affects the functioning of markets and the welfare of all participants," Working Papers 2014-03, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Olivier Bonroy & Christos Constantatos, 2015. "On the economics of labels: how their introduction affects the functioning of markets and the welfare of all participants," Post-Print hal-01340827, HAL.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2013. "La responsabilité sociale et environnementale des entreprises : mirage ou virage ?," Working Papers hal-00830642, HAL.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2008.
"Eco-labelling, Competition and Environment: Endogenization of Labelling Criteria,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 133-154, October.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2008. "Eco-labelling, competition and environment: Endogenization of labelling criteria," Post-Print halshs-00937208, HAL.
- Lucie Bottega & Jenny De Freitas, 2009.
"Public, Private and Nonprofit Regulation for Environmental Quality,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 105-123, March.
- Lucie Bottega & Jenny De Freitas, 2009. "Public, private and nonprofit regulation for environmental quality," DEA Working Papers 33, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Cheng, Chu-Chuan & Lai, Yu-Bong, 2012. "Does a stricter enforcement policy protect the environment? A political economy perspective," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 431-441.
- Philippe Mahenc, 2015. "Honest versus Misleading Certification," CEEES Paper Series CE3S-06/15, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2008.
"Corporate Social Responsibility and the Environment: A Theoretical Perspective,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(2), pages 240-260, Summer.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility and the Environment: A Theoretical Perspective," Working Papers 2007-16, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- repec:gbl:wpaper:2013-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carmen Arguedas & Esther Blanco, 2014. "Incentives for Voluntary Practices, Fraud, and Certification," Working Papers 2014-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Esther Blanco & Javier Lozano, 2015. "Ecolabels, uncertified abatement, and the sustainability of natural resources: an evolutionary approach," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 623-647, July.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina D. Forget, 2015.
"The Economics Of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm-Level Perspective Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 112-130, February.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2014. "The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Firm Level Perspective Survey," Post-Print hal-01410617, HAL.
- repec:kap:regeco:v:52:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11149-017-9339-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbier, Edward B. & Bulte, Erwin H., 2004.
"Introduction to the symposium on trade, renewable resources and biodiversity,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 883-890, September.
- Barbier, E. & Bulte, E.H., 2004. "Introduction to the symposium on trade, renewable resources and biodiversity," Other publications TiSEM 23d4672f-7b59-47f8-b81e-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ben Youssef Adel & Abderrazak Chema, 2009.
"Multiplicity of Eco-Labels, Competition, and the Environment,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Chema Abderrazak & Adel Ben Youssef, 2009. "Multiplicity of eco-labels, competition, and the environment," Post-Print halshs-00937183, HAL.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina Forget, 2012. "The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Survey," Working Papers hal-00720640, HAL.
- Buehler, Benno & Schuett, Florian, 2014.
"Certification and minimum quality standards when some consumers are uninformed,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 493-511.
- Buehler, B. & Schuett, F., 2012. "Certification and Minimum Quality Standards when Some Consumers are Uninformed," Discussion Paper 2012-040, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Patricia Crifo & Vanina D. Forget, 2014. "Pourquoi s’engager volontairement dans la transition énergétique ? Enseignements de la littérature sur la responsabilité sociale et environnementale des entreprises," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 349-381.
- Soham Baksi & Pinaki Bose, 2007. "Credence Goods, Efficient Labelling Policies, and Regulatory Enforcement," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(2), pages 411-430, June.
- Pio Baake & Helene Naegele, 2017. "Competition between For-Profit and Industry Labels: The Case of Social Labels in the Coffee Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1686, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anthony Heyes & Marcel Oestreich, 2017. "The Optimal NGO Chief: Strategic Delegation in Social Advocacy," Working Papers 1701, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- Arguedas, Carmen & Blanco, Esther, 2014. "On Fraud and Certification of Corporate Social Responsibility," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2014/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2016. "Multiple Standards: the Case of the French Building Industry," Policy Papers 2016.08, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:48:y:2004:i:2:p:978-996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.