Latin American firms competing in the global economy
As part of a cooperative effort between the Journal of Business Research (JBR) and the Business Association of Latin American Studies (BALAS), this special issue brings updated research on the Latin American business environment. Out of 226 papers submitted to the BALAS 2012 conference, which was hosted by the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), 22 were pre-selected to run for publication in this special issue — and only 14 actually were accepted after the demanding three rounds of a double blind review process that was run after the conference. This introduction to the special issue of the JBR on the BALAS 2012 conference brings an overview of the changes that have taken place in the business environment of Latin America, the evolution of the internationalization behavior of Latin American firms and the changes in their strengths to compete both domestically and abroad.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anand, Jaideep & Brenes, Estaban R. & Karnani, Aneel & Rodriquez, Arnoldo, 2006. "Strategic responses to economic liberalization in emerging economies: Lessons from experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 365-371, March.
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Madrigal, Kryssia & Requena, Bernardo, 2011. "Corporate governance and family business performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 280-285, March.
- Luis E Lopez & Sumit K Kundu & Luciano Ciravegna, 2009. "Born global or born regional? Evidence from an exploratory study in the Costa Rican software industry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(7), pages 1228-1238, September.
- Thomas L. Brewer & Gavin Boyd (ed.), 2000. "Globalizing America," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1625.
- Ickis, John C., 2000. "Implementing Globalization Strategies in Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 9-13, October.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Montoya, Daniel & Ciravegna, Luciano, 2014. "Differentiation strategies in emerging markets: The case of Latin American agribusinesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 847-855.
- Samiee, Saeed & Athanassiou, Nicholas, 1998. "International Strategy Research: Cross-Cultural Methodology Implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 79-96, October.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014, July.
- Dominguez, Luis V. & Brenes, Esteban R., 1997. "The internationalization of Latin American enterprises and market liberalization in the Americas: A vital linkage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 3-16, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:67:y:2014:i:5:p:831-836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.