Cultural differences in imagery generation: The influence of abstract versus concrete thinking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wright, Peter & Rip, Peter D, 1980. " Product Class Advertising Effects on First-Time Buyers' Decision Strategies," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 176-188, Se.
- Bone, Paula Fitzgerald & Ellen, Pam Scholder, 1992. " The Generation and Consequences of Communication-Evoked Imagery," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 93-104, June.
- Unnava, H Rao & Agarwal, Sanjeev & Haugtvedt, Curtis P, 1996. " Interactive Effects of Presentation Modality and Message-Generated Imagery on Recall of Advertising Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 81-88, June.
- Edell, Julie E & Staelin, Richard, 1983. " The Information Processing of Pictures in Print Advertisements," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 45-61, June.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
- MacInnis, Deborah J & Price, Linda L, 1987. " The Role of Imagery in Information Processing: Review and Extensions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 473-491, March.
- Baack, Daniel W. & Singh, Nitish, 2007. "Culture and web communications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 181-188, March.
- Mikhailitchenko, Andrey & Javalgi, Rajshekhar (Raj) G. & Mikhailitchenko, Galina & Laroche, Michel, 2009. "Cross-cultural advertising communication: Visual imagery, brand familiarity, and brand recall," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 931-938, October.
- Soares, Ana Maria & Farhangmehr, Minoo & Shoham, Aviv, 2007. "Hofstede's dimensions of culture in international marketing studies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 277-284, March.
- Sudhir H Kale & John W Barnes, 1992. "Understanding the Domain of Cross-National Buyer-Seller Interactions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(1), pages 101-132, March.
More about this item
KeywordsImagery generation; Abstract thinking; Concrete thinking; Culture and advertising;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:3:p:333-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.