Testing to prevent bad translation: Brand name conversions in Chinese-English contexts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sternthal, Brian & Tybout, Alice M & Calder, Bobby J, 1987. " Confirmatory versus Comparative Approaches to Judging Theory Tests," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 114-125, June.
- Koslow, Scott & Shamdasani, Prem N & Touchstone, Ellen E, 1994. " Exploring Language Effects in Ethnic Advertising: A Sociolinguistic Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 575-585, March.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Lee, Angela Y, 2001. " "I" Seek Pleasures and "We" Avoid Pains: The Role of Self-Regulatory Goals in Information Processing and Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 33-49, June.
- Schmitt, Bernd H & Pan, Yigang & Tavassoli, Nader T, 1994. " Language and Consumer Memory: The Impact of Linguistic Differences between Chinese and English," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 419-431, December.
- Luo, Xueming & Zhou, Lianxi & Liu, Sandra S., 2005. "Entrepreneurial firms in the context of China's transition economy: an integrative framework and empirical examination," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 277-284, March.
- Tavassoli, Nader T & Han, Jin K, 2001. " Scripted Thought: Processing Korean Hancha and Hangul in a Multimedia Context," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 482-493, December.
- Luna, David & Peracchio, Laura A, 2001. " Moderators of Language Effects in Advertising to Bilinguals: A Psycholinguistic Approach," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 284-295, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTranslation preference Bilinguals Language proficiency Priming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:6:p:594-600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.