Credit risk transfer activities and systemic risk: How banks became less risky individually but posed greater risks to the financial system at the same time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marsh, Ian W., 2006. "The effect of lenders' credit risk transfer activities on borrowing firms' equity returns," Research Discussion Papers 31/2006, Bank of Finland.
- Bernadette A. Minton & René Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 2005.
"How Much Do Banks Use Credit Derivatives to Reduce Risk?,"
NBER Working Papers
11579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Minton, Bernadette A. & Stulz, Rene M. & Williamson, Rohan, 2005. "How Much Do Banks Use Credit Derivatives to Reduce Risk?," Working Paper Series 2005-17, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Goderis, B.V.G. & Marsh, I. & Vall Castello, J. & Wagner, W.B., 2006.
"Bank Behavior with Access to Credit Risk Transfer Markets,"
2006-100, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goderis, Benedikt & Marsh, Ian W. & Castello, Judit Vall & Wagner, Wolf, 2007. "Bank behaviour with access to credit risk transfer markets," Research Discussion Papers 4/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Calmès, Christian & Théoret, Raymond, 2010.
"The impact of off-balance-sheet activities on banks returns: An application of the ARCH-M to Canadian data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1719-1728, July.
- Christian Calmès & Raymond Théoret, 2009. "The Impact of Off-Balance-Sheet Activities on Banks Returns: An Application of the ARCH-M to Canadian Data," RePAd Working Paper Series UQO-DSA-wp032009, Département des sciences administratives, UQO.
- Gunter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2007.
"Default Risk Sharing between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 603-634,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: The contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Guenter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2005. "Default Risk Sharing Between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations," NBER Working Papers 11741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: The contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CoFE Discussion Papers 05/04, University of Konstanz, Center of Finance and Econometrics (CoFE).
- Wagner, Wolf, 2008. "The homogenization of the financial system and financial crises," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 330-356, July.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 2001.
"Endogenous Policy Choice: The Case of Pollution and Growth,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(2), pages 369-405, July.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 2000. "Endogenous policy choice: the case of pollution and growth," Staff Report 276, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Beverly Hirtle, 2008. "Credit derivatives and bank credit supply," Staff Reports 276, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Wolf Wagner, 2009. "Efficient Asset Allocations in the Banking Sector and Financial Regulation," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(1), pages 75-95, March.
- Uhde, André & Michalak, Tobias C., 2010. "Securitization and systematic risk in European banking: Empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3061-3077, December.
- Foos, Daniel & Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2010. "Loan growth and riskiness of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2929-2940, December.
- Cardone-Riportella, Clara & Samaniego-Medina, Reyes & Trujillo-Ponce, Antonio, 2010. "What drives bank securitisation? The Spanish experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2639-2651, November.
- Alan Morrison, 2000. "Credit Derivatives, Disintermediation and Investment Decisions," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
- Alan D. Morrison, 2005. "Credit Derivatives, Disintermediation, and Investment Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 621-648, March.
- Instefjord, Norvald, 2005. "Risk and hedging: Do credit derivatives increase bank risk?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 333-345, February.
- Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar & Martin Summer, 2006.
"Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(1), March.
- Elsinger, Helmut & Lehar, Alfred & Summer, Martin, 2005. "Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment," MPRA Paper 817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wagner, Wolf, 2007. "The liquidity of bank assets and banking stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Lehar, Alfred, 2005. "Measuring systemic risk: A risk management approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2577-2603, October.
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2009. "Credit derivatives and bank credit supply," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 125-150, April.
More about this item
KeywordsSecuritization Credit derivatives Systemic risk Subprime crisis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:35:y:2011:i:6:p:1391-1398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.