Momentum strategies based on reward-risk stock selection criteria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- John M. Griffin & Xiuqing Ji & J. Spencer Martin, 2003. "Momentum Investing and Business Cycle Risk: Evidence from Pole to Pole," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2515-2547, December.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Tokat, Yesim & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 2003. "The stable non-Gaussian asset allocation: a comparison with the classical Gaussian approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 937-969, April.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.),THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. "Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Sheridan Titman, 2001. "Profitability of Momentum Strategies: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 699-720, April.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1963. "Mandelbrot and the Stable Paretian Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 420-420.
- K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 1998. "International Momentum Strategies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 267-284, February.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, June.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. "Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luis Muga & Rafael Santamaria, 2007. "The momentum effect: omitted risk factors or investor behaviour? Evidence from the Spanish stock market," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 637-650.
- Wang, Jun & Wu, Yangru, 2011. "Risk adjustment and momentum sources," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1427-1435, June.
- Ana-Maria Fuertes & Joëlle Miffre & Wooi-Hou Tan, 2009. "Momentum profits, nonnormality risks and the business cycle," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(12), pages 935-953.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Sarno, Lucio & Schmeling, Maik & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2012.
"Currency momentum strategies,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 660-684.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Lucio Sarno & Maik Schmeling & Andreas Schrimpf, 2011. "Currency Momentum Strategies," BIS Working Papers 366, Bank for International Settlements.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Lucio Sarno & Maik Schmeling & Andreas Schrimpf, 2012. "Currency Momentum Strategies," Working Paper series 09_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Sarno, Lucio & Schmeling, Maik & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2012. "Currency Momentum Strategies," CEPR Discussion Papers 8747, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hong Zhang, 2004. "Dynamic Beta, Time-Varying Risk Premium, and Momentum," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2637, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2005.
- Detlef Seese & Christof Weinhardt & Frank Schlottmann (ed.), 2008. "Handbook on Information Technology in Finance," International Handbooks on Information Systems, Springer, number 978-3-540-49487-4, September.
- Adam Zaremba & Jacob Koby Shemer, 2018. "Price-Based Investment Strategies," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-91530-2, January.
- Sabine Artmann & Philipp Finter & Alexander Kempf & Stefan Koch & Erik Theissen, 2012.
"The Cross-Section of German Stock Returns: New Data and New Evidence,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 64(1), pages 20-43, January.
- Artmann, Sabine & Finter, Philipp & Kempf, Alexander & Koch, Stefan & Theissen, Erik, 2010. "The cross-Section of German stock returns: New data and new evidence," CFR Working Papers 10-12, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Stefan Nagel, 2013. "Empirical Cross-Sectional Asset Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 167-199, November.
- Israel, Ronen & Moskowitz, Tobias J., 2013. "The role of shorting, firm size, and time on market anomalies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 275-301.
- Bhootra, Ajay, 2011. "Are momentum profits driven by the cross-sectional dispersion in expected stock returns?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 494-513, August.
- Mao, Mike Qinghao & Wei, K.C. John, 2014. "Price and earnings momentum: An explanation using return decomposition," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 332-351.
- van der Hart, Jaap & de Zwart, Gerben & van Dijk, Dick, 2005.
"The success of stock selection strategies in emerging markets: Is it risk or behavioral bias?,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 238-262, September.
- van der Hart, J. & de Zwart, G.J. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2005. "The Success Of Stock Selection Strategies In Emerging Markets: Is It Risk Or Behavioral Bias?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-012-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- George Karathanasis & Konstantinos Kassimatis & Spyros Spyrou, 2010. "Size and momentum in European equity markets: empirical findings from varying beta Capital Asset Pricing Model," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(1), pages 143-169, March.
- Docherty, Paul & Hurst, Gareth, 2018. "Return dispersion and conditional momentum returns: International evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 263-278.
- Alhenawi, Yasser, 2015. "On the interaction between momentum effect and size effect," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 36-46.
- Bhootra, Ajay & Hur, Jungshik, 2013. "The timing of 52-week high price and momentum," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3773-3782.
- Naranjo, Andy & Porter, Burt, 2007. "Including emerging markets in international momentum investment strategies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 147-166, May.
- Chen, Hong-Yi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Hsin, Chin-Wen & Lee, Cheng-Few, 2014. "Does revenue momentum drive or ride earnings or price momentum?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 166-185.
- Galariotis, Emilios C., 2010. "What should we know about momentum investing? The case of the Australian Security Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 369-389, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:31:y:2007:i:8:p:2325-2346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.