On the significance of expected shortfall as a coherent risk measure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002. "On the coherence of expected shortfall," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Carlo Acerbi & Claudio Nordio & Carlo Sirtori, 2001. "Expected Shortfall as a Tool for Financial Risk Management," Papers cond-mat/0102304, arXiv.org.
- Geske, Robert & Johnson, Herb E, 1984. " The American Put Option Valued Analytically," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1511-1524, December.
- Masaaki Kijima & Masamitsu Ohnishi, 1996. "Portfolio Selection Problems Via The Bivariate Characterization Of Stochastic Dominance Relations," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 237-277.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sofiane Aboura, 2014. "When the U.S. Stock Market Becomes Extreme?," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 1-15, May.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:30:y:2017:i:1:p:2-47. is not listed on IDEAS
- Nomikos, Nikos & Andriosopoulos, Kostas, 2012. "Modelling energy spot prices: Empirical evidence from NYMEX," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1153-1169.
- Silvia Stanescu & Radu Tunaru, 2013. "Quantifying the uncertainty in VaR and expected shortfall estimates," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 15, pages 357-372 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2009.
"A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2036-2049, November.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A Framework for Assessing the Systemic Risk of Major Financial Institutions," BIS Working Papers 281, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00969242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saša ŽIKOVIÆ & Randall K. FILER, 2013.
"Ranking of VaR and ES Models: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(4), pages 327-359, August.
- Sasa Zikovic & Randall Filer, 2012. "Ranking of VaR and ES Models: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2012.
"Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 193-205.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2010. "Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis," BIS Working Papers 296, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:282:y:2016:i:c:p:187-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boucher, Christophe M. & Daníelsson, Jón & Kouontchou, Patrick S. & Maillet, Bertrand B., 2014.
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 72-92.
- Boucher, Christophe M. & Danielsson, Jon & Kouontchou, Patrick S. & Maillet, Bertrand B., 2013. "Risk models–at–risk," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59299, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christophe Boucher & Jón Daníelsson & Patrick Kouontchou & Bertrand Maillet, 2014. "Risk model-at-risk," Post-Print hal-01370130, HAL.
- Christophe Boucher & Jon Danielsson & Patrick Kouontchou & Bertrand Maillet, 2014. "Risk Model-at-Risk," Post-Print hal-01386003, HAL.
- Christophe Boucher & Jón Daníelsson & Patrick Kouontchou & Bertrand Maillet, 2014. "Risk models-at-risk," Post-Print hal-01243413, HAL.
- Sasa Zikovic & Randall Filer, 2009. "Hybrid Historical Simulation VaR and ES: Performance in Developed and Emerging Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2820, CESifo Group Munich.
- Inui, Koji & Kijima, Masaaki & Kitano, Atsushi, 2005. "VaR is subject to a significant positive bias," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 299-311, May.
- Monica Billio & Lorenzo Frattarolo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2016. "Hedge Fund Tail Risk: An investigation in stressed markets, extended version with appendix," Working Papers 2016:01, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Nieto, María Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2008. "Measuring financial risk : comparison of alternative procedures to estimate VaR and ES," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws087326, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Biener, Christian, 2013. "Pricing in Microinsurance Markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 132-144.
- Angelidis, Timotheos & Degiannakis, Stavros, 2007. "Backtesting VaR Models: A Τwo-Stage Procedure," MPRA Paper 80418, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-25, July.
- Panagiotis Xidonas & Christos E. Kountzakis & Christis Hassapis & Christos Staikouras, 2016. "RAROC in portfolio optimization," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(03), pages 1-14, September.
- Cai, Jun & Tan, Ken Seng & Weng, Chengguo & Zhang, Yi, 2008. "Optimal reinsurance under VaR and CTE risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 185-196, August.
- Kostas Andriosopoulos & Nikos Nomikos, 2012. "Risk management in the energy markets and Value-at-Risk modelling: a Hybrid approach," RSCAS Working Papers 2012/47, European University Institute.
- Chen, Zhiping & Yang, Li, 2011. "Nonlinearly weighted convex risk measure and its application," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1777-1793, July.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Stavros Degiannakis, 2007. "Backtesting VaR Models: An Expected Shortfall Approach," Working Papers 0701, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Iglesias, Emma M., 2015. "Value at Risk and expected shortfall of firms in the main European Union stock market indexes: A detailed analysis by economic sectors and geographical situation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-8.
- Wang, Li-Hsun & Lin, Chu-Hsiung & Fung, Hung-Gay & Chen, Hsien-Ming, 2015. "Governance mechanisms and downside risk," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PB), pages 485-498.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:29:y:2005:i:4:p:853-864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.