Strategic competition in retail banking under expense preference behavior
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akella, Srinivas R. & Greenbaum, Stuart I., 1988. "Savings and loan ownership structure and expense-preference," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 419-437, September.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Thomas, Hugh, 1995. "Savings and loan ownership structure and expense-preference," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 165-170, April.
- Verbrugge, James A & Jahera, John S, Jr, 1981. "Expense-Preference Behavior in the Savings and Loan Industry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(4), pages 465-76, November.
- Hannan, Timothy H, 1979. "Expense-Preference Behavior in Banking: A Reexamination," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 891-95, August.
- Juan Coello, 1994. "¿Son las cajas y los bancos estratégicamente equivalentes?," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 18(2), pages 313-332, May.
- Chamberlain, Trevor W & Gordon, Myron J, 1991. "The Investment, Financing and Control of the Firm: A Long-Run Survival View," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 393-403, December.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Chaim Fershtman & Kenneth L Judd, 1984.
"Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly,"
642, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-47, Supplemen.
- Rees, R, 1974. "A Reconsideration of the Expense Preference Theory of the Firm," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(163), pages 295-307, August.
- Edwards, Franklin R, 1977. "Managerial Objectives in Regulated Industries: Expense-Preference Behavior in Banking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 147-62, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:24:y:2000:i:5:p:809-824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.