On the compensation implications of commercial bank entry into investment banking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crawford, Anthony J & Ezzell, John R & Miles, James A, 1995. "Bank CEO Pay-Performance Relations and the Effects of Deregulation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(2), pages 231-256, April.
- M. Cary Collins & David W. Blackwell & Joseph F. Sinkey & Jr., 1995. "The Relationship Between Corporate Compensation Policies and Investment Opportunities: Empirical Evidence for Large Bank Holding Companies," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(3), Fall.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Hubbard, R. Glenn & Palia, Darius, 1995.
"Executive pay and performance Evidence from the U.S. banking industry,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 105-130, September.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Darius Palia, 1994. "Executive Pay and Performance: Evidence from the U.S. Banking Industry," NBER Working Papers 4704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gande, Amar, et al, 1997. "Bank Underwriting of Debt Securities: Modern Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1175-1202.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-264, April.
- Gilson, Stuart C & Vetsuypens, Michael R, 1993. " CEO Compensation in Financially Distressed Firms: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 425-458, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maretno Harjoto & Ha-Chin Yi & Tosporn Chotigeat, 2012. "Why do banks acquire non-banks?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(3), pages 587-612, July.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald & Kampkötter, Patrick & Steinbrecher, Johannes, 2015.
"Incentive pay and bank risk-taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss banks,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(S1), pages 123-140.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2014, pages 123-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthias EFING & Harald HAU & Patrick KAMPKÖTTER & Johannes STEINBRECHER, "undated". "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 14-55, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 4984, CESifo Group Munich.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald & Kampkötter, Patrick & Steinbrecher, Johannes, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking:Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10217, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," NBER Working Papers 20468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory Sierra & Eli Talmor & James Wallace, 2006. "An Examination of Multiple Governance Forces within Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 105-123, April.
- Khan, Walayet A. & Vieito, João Paulo, 2013. "Ceo gender and firm performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 55-66.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2015. "Die Dosis macht das Gift – eine Analyse zum Einfluss von Bonuszahlungen auf die Profitabilität und das Risiko von Banken," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 68(03), pages 23-31, February.
- Chen, Carl R. & Steiner, Thomas L. & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2006. "Does stock option-based executive compensation induce risk-taking? An analysis of the banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 915-945, March.
- Elijah Brewer & William C. Hunter & William E. Jackson, 2004. "Investment opportunity set, product mix, and the relationship between bank CEO compensation and risk-taking," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-36, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Gregory E. Sierra & Eli Talmor & James S. Wallace, 2004. "A unified analysis of executive pay: the case of the banking industry," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2004-02, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:23:y:1999:i:8:p:1261-1276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.