Pricing behaviour in Japanese manufacturing: a comparative study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2000.
"Testing the purchasing power parity in pooled systems of error correction models,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2000,79, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2002. "Testing the purchasing power parity in pooled systems of error correction models," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 45-62, January.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1996.
"Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?,"
NBER Working Papers
5862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1997. "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1243-1272, September.
- A. Bhargava & L. Franzini & W. Narendranathan, 1982.
"Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 533-549.
- Harry Bloch, "undated".
"Pricing in Australian Manufacturing,"
ec6/92, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Martin, Christopher & Small, Ian, 1995. "Price, Marginal Cost and the Business Cycle," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 25-41, February.
- Martha Field & Emilio Pagoulatos, 1998. "Foreign trade elasticities and import discipline," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 105-111.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Baur, Dirk, 2001.
"Purchasing power parity: Granger causality tests for the yen-dollar exchange rate,"
213, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Baur, Dirk, 2002. "Purchasing power parity: Granger causality tests for the yen-dollar exchange rate," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 425-444, December.
- Gunther Schnabl & Dirk Baur, 2005. "Purchasing Power Parity: Granger Causality Tests for the Yen- Dollar Exchange Rate," International Finance 0506006, EconWPA.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Azali, M. & Habibullah, M. S. & Baharumshah, A. Z., 2001. "Does PPP hold between Asian and Japanese economies? Evidence using panel unit root and panel cointegration," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 35-50, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1997. "Pooled estimators vs. their heterogeneous counterparts in the context of dynamic demand for gasoline," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 303-327, April.
- Peter Pedroni, 1999.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2000-02, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Pedroni, Peter, 1999. " Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 653-670, Special I.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988.
"Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 55-66, February.
- Ian Domowitz & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1986. "Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 2115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Olive, 2002. "Price and Markup Behaviour in Manufacturing," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2463.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Menon, Jayant, 1994.
"Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 271-281, March.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1992. "Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports," Working Papers 1992.32 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1992. "Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports," Working Papers 1992.32, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Morrison, C J, 1994. "The Cyclical Nature of Markups in Canadian Manufacturing: A Production Theory Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 269-282, July-Sept.
- Bloch, Harry, 1992. "Pricing in Australian Manufacturing," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(203), pages 365-376, December.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Allen, Chris, 1998. "An Empirical Model of Pricing, Market Share and Market Conduct: An Application to Import Competition in US Manufacturing," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(2), pages 196-221, March.
- Stanley W. Kardasz & Kenneth R. Stollery, 2001. "Exchange rate pass-through and its determinants in Canadian manufacturing industries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 719-738, August.
- Harry Bloch & Michael Olive, 2003. "Influences on Pricing and Markup in Segmented Manufacturing Markets," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 87-107, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:16:y:2004:i:4:p:417-429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.