A solution to the problem of nuisance suits: The option to have the court bar settlement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ayres, Ian & Madison, Kristin, 2000. "Threatening inefficient performance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 818-828, May.
- Katz, Avery, 1990. "The effect of frivolous lawsuits on the settlement of litigation," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 3-27, May.
- Rosenberg, D. & Shavell, S., 1985. "A model in which suits are brought for their nuisance value," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 3-13, June.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 1988. "Suing Solely to Extract a Settlement Offer," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 437-450, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campos, Sergio J. & Cotton, Christopher S. & Li, Cheng, 2015.
"Deterrence effects under Twombly: On the costs of increasing pleading standards in litigation,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 61-71.
- Campos, Sergio & Cotton, Christopher & Li, Cheng, 2015. "Deterrence effects under Twombly: on the costs of increasing pleading standards in litigation," MPRA Paper 65604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guha, Brishti, 2016. "Malicious litigation," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 24-32.
- Chulyoung Kim, 2018.
"Judge’s gate-keeping power and deterrence of negligent acts: an economic analysis of Twombly and Iqbal,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 39-66, August.
- Kim, Chulyoung, 2015. "Judge's Gate-Keeping Power and Deterrence of Negligent Acts: An Economic Analysis of Twombly and Iqbal," MPRA Paper 69836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Iljoong & Kim, Jaehong, 2015. "Frivolous Suits In The Infinitely-Repeated Litigation Game With Uncertainty," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 56(1), pages 21-33, June.
- repec:hit:hitjcm:v:56:y:2015:i:1:p:21-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesse Bull, 2013. "Interrogation and Evidence Fabrication," Working Papers 1303, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:26:y:2006:i:1:p:42-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.